• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JO LORs aren't strongly considered, if at all.
I would submit that a JO LOR can be a valuable asset in a mix of LORs IF, it is well written, and indicates the writer has closely observed over a period of time, the applicant's character, work habits, and leadership potential (i.e. a JO DivO etc.).;)
BzB

ETT

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am happy that he is good to go. This is my first year so I didn't have a lot of time to prepare the LORs as I was deployed last year until May 2013. But I am happy that I was able to submit my first package after the past three years of dreaming of putting a package in.

Regardless of getting picked up or not. I am still grateful that I am eligible for the program.

I am already 27 years old and I only have 4 more tries left.

Again, thank you guys again for all the help;)

ETT

This is pretty impressive .... How many people are you ranked with on these evals?

Thank you. The only eval that I was ranked against others was the very latest one. NR 1 out of 28 second classes in Engineering Department. All my other ones were special eval from E3 to E-4 and Frocking for E4 to E-5.

ETT

Hopefully bro. I wasted too much time from E1 to E-3. I really wanted to make PO1 first time up too. Fingers crossed March 14;). Good luck with your application, I see your package is really strong and you are one of the few that kept this year's thread and this forum eventful:)

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
E-1 to E-3 was not wasted time. I also came in as an E-1 and I feel like I learned the most from those years by actually doing all the work! I will be taking the PO1 exam for the third time next month. I'm hoping to double dip in October/November. STA-21 Select and PO1 Select. Hoping for a nice X-mas this year. I try to keep in entertaining around here since we are all in this dreaded wait together.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
..... All my other ones were special eval from E-3 to E-4 and Frocking for E-4 to E-5.
Funny, reminded me... as CVA Ass't WepsO and having just been selected for O-5, my Boss was retiring, and I was "fleeted up" to relieve him as WEPS DH. I received a letter to assume the rank of CDR (remaining at O-4 $$$). When I opened the letter a sloppily handwritten note fell out. Someone ???, had scribbled "Congratulations, now GET FROCKED Commander"!:eek:
BzB

DANG3R M0US3

E-1 to E-3 was not wasted time. I also came in as an E-1 and I feel like I learned the most from those years by actually doing all the work! I will be taking the PO1 exam for the third time next month. I'm hoping to double dip in October/November. STA-21 Select and PO1 Select. Hoping for a nice X-mas this year. I try to keep in entertaining around here since we are all in this dreaded wait together.

I'll be taking the PO1 exam for the first time this fall, and while it is not going to be easy, I too am hoping to double dip. This is my third STA-21 application, but the first time I'll be waiting for exam results at the same time, which I have a feeling will make the wait worse. I'm going to need a lot of entertainment this year.

ETT

Funny, reminded me... as CVA Ass't WepsO and having just been selected for O-5, my Boss was retiring, and I was "fleeted up" to relieve him as WEPS DH. I received a letter to assume the rank of CDR (remaining at O-4 $$$). When I opened the letter a sloppily handwritten note fell out. Someone ???, had scribbled "Congratulations, now GET FROCKED Commander"!:eek:
BzB

Haha....would be considered as Spot Promote?:rolleyes:

ETT

Well, I meant waste of time as in I do not have enough time like all the other young guns who have plenty of opportunities to try for STA-21 or OCS options. I joined when I was 23. And I am 27 years old now :(. Some times I wish I was born in the 70s or enlist when I was 18 years old. :D

Jeremy Springston

FY14 CEC Option
Well, I meant waste of time as in I do not have enough time like all the other young guns who have plenty of opportunities to try for STA-21 or OCS options. I joined when I was 23. And I am 27 years old now :(. Some times I wish I was born in the 70s or enlist when I was 18 years old. :D

If it makes you feel better, being born in the 70's is not that great, mostly because people associate that with disco (which, as the shirt says, still sucks). Going under the assumption that STA-21 will not work out, I won't graduate until 2017 putting me at 37 (w/ an age waiver) if I get into OCS. By that time, I'll be more than half way to Social Security and probably be older than some of the DIs at Newport. Oh well...

maestro87

I noticed on the Fleet Brief, they only showed the SAT score range. I too the ACT and I'm just curious to know if there is an official SAT/ACT equivalency sheet that they use that would give me an idea of SAT score my ACT scores would equates to?
Thanks ;)