• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
I
I had to pick before I even submitted the package. It would behoove anyone to pick unless he/she wants to be at the needs of the Navy.
I can understand your point of view, but the way the Navy details now, if you get selected, then you took that billet away from someone else who may have wanted it. The billet will get reloaded into CMS/ID and the sailor that got slammed with junk orders will probably see it and throw a fit. But I completely understand wanting to cover your six and not end up in Lemoore or somewhere else as equally awesome.

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
Man, how many people do we have from the Whidbey Island area? How many of you guys had your interviews at VQ-1?

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
I can understand your point of view, but the way the Navy details now, if you get selected, then you took that billet away from someone else who may have wanted it. The billet will get reloaded into CMS/ID and the sailor that got slammed with junk orders will probably see it and throw a fit. But I completely understand wanting to cover your six and not end up in Lemoore or somewhere else as equally awesome.

I might be wrong here, but a Sailor still has to apply for orders even if he's awaiting STA-21 action. That Sailor though must not detach before the STA-21 results are posted and must keep his next command and detailer informed.

Lui

OCS Applicant
I believe one can detach as long as the selection navadmin with their name has been released

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Man, how many people do we have from the Whidbey Island area? How many of you guys had your interviews at VQ-1?

One of my external board members was an IP LT from VQ-1... and I think there is soooo many of us because we are all more excited about leaving Whidbey than being selected ...haha

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Okay next time I have some news im just gonna throw it out there ..lol .. I must have copied and pasted my message into like 30 PMs ..haha .. I got some messages from people I have never even seen before ... Dang shadow walkers .. lol .. its all good .. I hope everyone enjoyed the news and it puts a little closure into our short term lives .... If im not at the deception pass bridge this weekend, I might just be there next week .. haha ... jkjk ...

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I believe one can detach as long as the selection navadmin with their name has been released

I think you're right because we had a chick check into my command a couple years ago who was a FY-10 select and she was here for about 6 months until she left for NSI.

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
Okay next time I have some news im just gonna throw it out there ..lol .. I must have copied and pasted my message into like 30 PMs ..haha .. I got some messages from people I have never even seen before ... Dang shadow walkers .. lol .. its all good .. I hope everyone enjoyed the news and it puts a little closure into our short term lives .... If im not at the deception pass bridge this weekend, I might just be there next week .. haha ... jkjk ...
Might as well just say "PM me if you like money"

lovemyhubby

Prior AC, Future Educator
I am just a measly little wife now, but my husband has applied for his second time for STA-21. He also recieved orders last month.
Edit to add: He did not have a choice in whether he wanted to pick orders or not. He had to get them.

Lui

OCS Applicant
I think you're right because we had a chick check into my command a couple years ago who was a FY-10 select and she was here for about 6 months until she left for NSI.
I know I talked to my detailer about it. He checked with someone else then separated me from my last command back in July. I am still in transient duty and STA-21 hasn't messed with any of my schools.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

Shadow walkers.... that's a good one. They probably made an account just to PM you.