• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I just read this again and I think it is clear that originals should be sent. The part that you have highlighted in red means that you don't have to have the school send them directly to pensacola (normally, "official" transcripts are only sent between schools. Instead, you will recieve them and then include them in your package). Does this help answer your question?

Just to note, I did send in original college transcripts this year.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I sent in original transcripts also but I think you also send in copies as long as they're certified true copies.

I think as long as there are some sort of transcripts, whether they are the originals or certified copies, you are good to go. They would have made remarks on the package status page if otherwise.

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
Question for everyone; If this was your first time applying, was the experience of applying easier or harder than you originally thought? Did you get any crap from the enlisted personnel for trying to go Officer? I think the first year applying is the hardest..

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
This is my first time applying. If I would have known more about this program years ago, this would have probably been my 3rd or 4th time applying. The process isn't hard at all it is just time consuming. It takes lots of early planning. I made the decision to apply late in January and I still only had my stuff mailed off a couple weeks before the deadline. I have told everyone who works for me that if they are interested in applying for the future, now is the time to start. I haven't really got any crap from anyone. All my peers and supervisors have all been pretty supportive.

Keith Delgado

FY-12 Med Corps Alternate
This is my first time applying. If I would have known more about this program years ago, this would have probably been my 3rd or 4th time applying. The process isn't hard at all it is just time consuming. It takes lots of early planning. I made the decision to apply late in January and I still only had my stuff mailed off a couple weeks before the deadline. I have told everyone who works for me that if they are interested in applying for the future, now is the time to start. I haven't really got any crap from anyone. All my peers and supervisors have all been pretty supportive.
It is very time consuming, It was almost like a second job for me. Did you have to write drafts for your CO endorsement and LOR's that you received? I had to last year; I think that was the hardest part.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Question for everyone; If this was your first time applying, was the experience of applying easier or harder than you originally thought? Did you get any crap from the enlisted personnel for trying to go Officer? I think the first year applying is the hardest..
Although this is not my first applying, my first time I applied was when I had only been in for a year. I obviously did not know then what I know as far as details, time, conduct and etc. This year, like I am sure everyone else on this site, I spent countless hours towards perfecting my package. There is still stuff that I wish I would have done like include my medical screening and testing as well.

As far as received crap from anyone...I have gotten ALOT!! haha My chiefs refer to me as MMJG now, the list can go on. This should be expected of the Navy though, that is what we do well, talk crap right? It's all in good fun, they say they do because they believe i will make it, but I don't think they know how strong the competitions is these days.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Although this is not my first applying, my first time I applied was when I had only been in for a year. I obviously did not know then what I know as far as details, time, conduct and etc. This year, like I am sure everyone else on this site, I spent countless hours towards perfecting my package. There is still stuff that I wish I would have done like include my medical screening and testing as well.

As far as received crap from anyone...I have gotten ALOT!! haha My chiefs refer to me as MMJG now, the list can go on. This should be expected of the Navy though, that is what we do well, talk crap right? It's all in good fun, they say they do because they believe i will make it, but I don't think they know how strong the competitions is these days.

MMJG? That is hilarious.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

"The more things change, the more they stay the same!"

Some 56 years ago, as an ET2 (SS) aboard the Submarine USS CAVALLA (SSK-244), my app. for flight training (NAVCAD program) was approved. From that point I was kidded by my shipmates unmercifully, many calling me "Ensign Mxxxxx", but except for one individual whom I simply ignored (jealous?), it was all in 'Navy fun' and they were very supportive until I left for P'cola. The Officers & Crew threw a nice "farewell" party for me in New London, wishing me success & to always fly safely.

I only ran into two shipmates after I departed. The first, my 'Chief of the Boat' (CMC), a grizzled but fair ol' TMC(SS), a vet of many WWII combat patrols. Bumped into him about 6 years later in Norfolk. I was then a LT & he an LDO LTJG. We chatted for an hour over a beer. He remarked that he was "glad you made it through flight training without killing yourself"! Being the COB, he had assigned me to mess cranking shortly after reporting aboard. He also remarked "It was always my policy to never kick a mess cook in the a**, he may someday be your CO!". It was a great reunion.
SSK-244 Underway Thames River.jpg
*My old boat underway down the Thames River.

So don't sweat a little good ol' Navy ragging on you, I think it means they admire your ambition and wish you success and [safety]. :)
BzB

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Couldn't agree more with the above. I was a "quitter" to the Chief's Mess when I put my package in. Even today all my helo buddies think I'm a sellout for selecting Tailhook out of Primary. I'm sure it's all in good fun, you just gotta do what you wanna do with your career and life. Best of luck to you all.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
hippievan, MM1 at age 26, not to0 shabby... that indicates leadership and potential to the board! Good luck.;)
BzB
BusyBee604, first I just want to say thank you for your story about your experiences in the Navy, and the "keep the chin up" words at the end. It is all in good fun, but I do appreciate encouraging words from someone who doesn't even know me. Thank you very much again.

Also thank you very much for the good wishes and compliments on making MM1. I have been very fortunate to have my work ethic noticed and appreciated cause it doesn't happen for everyone. I was also very fortunate to have great comments from all officers on every interview board, they all included pen and ink comments along with the write ups. Even if I do not get accepted, it feels good to these comments from you and my officers on what I have done so far in my career. So thank you very much again.