• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY11 STA-21 Selectees and Alternates

That_1_Dud3

Hello to all,

I am currently stationed in San Diego and am looking to see if anybody knows any good computer engineering schools out here that are STA-21 friendly. I am currently in the process of applying for SDSU. Congrats to all Selects and Alternates.

Koda

SDSU is a solid school for whatever you wanna do but excels primarily in it's Business degree programs. Oh... and it's a pretty heavy party school last time I checked. I'm originally from SD and a lot of my friends attend. I hope to someday attend as well.

skuzmin

I have all my applications in except for UCSD. That one is done, but they won't take them until Nov 1.
I also asked about the acceptance time frame since Ed said that they should be to him before Christmas. SDSU said the schools are aware of the requirements of the program and would adjust to meet the program deadline.

I spoke to Mr. Timothy Borch and he said there was no way that UCSD could provide an acceptance letter by December 1st--- not very military friendly. I spoke to Mr. Straten and he basically said, pick another school to apply to if they won't meet the deadline. So I decided to give UCLA a try. I called the NROTC unit and they said they are looking into getting all the requirements needed to apply and should check back with them tomorrow. There may be a chance to get into a UC school! :) I would just call the NROTC units and see if they can help you out. Don't waste time trying to talk to the admissions people. Most of them don't even know what STA-21 is.

WeatherGoddess

So...here is a question....anyone know what you do b/w NSI graduation and your school's start date? Do you just check intothe NROTC unit and do whatever it is they have you do? Or can you take leave?

WeatherGoddess

I spoke to Mr. Timothy Borch and he said there was no way that UCSD could provide an acceptance letter by December 1st--- not very military friendly. I spoke to Mr. Straten and he basically said, pick another school to apply to if they won't meet the deadline. So I decided to give UCLA a try. I called the NROTC unit and they said they are looking into getting all the requirements needed to apply and should check back with them tomorrow. There may be a chance to get into a UC school! :) I would just call the NROTC units and see if they can help you out. Don't waste time trying to talk to the admissions people. Most of them don't even know what STA-21 is.

But you don't need it by Dec 1st, you just need it in before Christmas....

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
So...here is a question....anyone know what you do b/w NSI graduation and your school's start date? Do you just check intothe NROTC unit and do whatever it is they have you do? Or can you take leave?

You got it. Take some leave if you need/want to but my ROTC unit told me there is no reason to be at school since classes wouldn't start for another few weeks. I would phone muster a couple times and do one face to face muster per week and that's it. It will vary between schools though. With my current CO the OC's have to come and stay from 0800-1200 even during the Summer.

JDahl351

From looking at the website, PT gear is one of those things you are allowed to bring with you as part of your sea bag. Otherwise they will just issue you some as part of your uniform issue. From talking to past STA-21 selectees through some friends, I was told that the PT uniform was our uniform of the day for the first couple of days until everyone gets uniforms back from tailoring and such. Much like boot camp from what he explained.

adamanderson

I was selected as CORE, I'm just really worried about the timeline now. I've applied to SDSU (since I already reside in San Diego) and scheduled my physical but they were unable to complete it due to oustanding dental work. I did however get my blood drawn which apparently has the longest turnaround...I get back to ship on Nov. 8th and it deploys on Nov 29th, so I don't know how I'm going to have the time to get everything done before/while deployed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Lycurgus

You should not deploy. Tell your command you need to be on Beach Detachment to get your stuff in order to report by February.

kekio86

yeah you should not deploy because NSI starts on Feb 20th. What If you want to take 30 days of leave? You are entitled to them. That puts you at Jan 20th. So you are going on deployment basically for a month!?!?! Plus not to mention all the stuff that you need to take care of... i.e. Medical screening, degree plan,etc. You should be left behind TAD to parent shore command or minimum another ship. Talk to your CMC if your direct chain of command are not helping out.

oceanwaiting

FY-11 Core
on a completely different note, I still have 3 sets of CNT summer whites hanging in my closet... has anyone thought of/know of/plan to somehow add the shoulderboard loops so that it can be used as officer summer whites? material wise it's the same thing right? I'm not sure where the material for the loops may come from, but maybe sacrifice a set of dress whites (crackjacks)?