• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY11 STA-21 Selectees and Alternates

ansley

I thought we'd start a new thread for all selectees and alternates to post questions about the process, timelines, colleges, physicals, ect. Priors, any advice or guidance would be great!

Mpower1999

killer boots man!
I can't believe they only put through 115 people! I made Core ALT and don't feel too discouraged. With the numbers as low as they were I should feel great that I even made the Alternate list. I applied for Pilot but didn't make Pilot Alt let alone PRI but there is always next year. I figure if I can make ALT this year (Reminder to self : It's still not over) then I should be GTG next year.

DGScott417

The NSI website indicates that NWU is not a required uniform at NSI and will not have to be purchased. You guys believe this is current or could the website be out of date? Bringing your NWUs with you?

Tori

I agree with you mpower1999 about being happy since the numbers were so low this year. I was selected as a core alternate too. I am still bummed since this wasn't my first try and I unfortunately had more than a commission riding on this acceptance. I still have my fingers crossed that some of the alternates will be called up. If not, I will have more college completed by my package next year. ;)

Of course...if any of the Core selectees want to mention if they are not going to accept...that would be wonderful to know too.

koda.lozano

Hello to all,

I am currently stationed in San Diego and am looking to see if anybody knows any good computer engineering schools out here that are STA-21 friendly. I am currently in the process of applying for SDSU. Congrats to all Selects and Alternates.

Koda

Tori

I have all my applications in except for UCSD. That one is done, but they won't take them until Nov 1.
I also asked about the acceptance time frame since Ed said that they should be to him before Christmas. SDSU said the schools are aware of the requirements of the program and would adjust to meet the program deadline.

WeatherGoddess

Hello to all,

I am currently stationed in San Diego and am looking to see if anybody knows any good computer engineering schools out here that are STA-21 friendly. I am currently in the process of applying for SDSU. Congrats to all Selects and Alternates.

Koda

I know Ed told me that SDSU is one of the schools that gets the most applications so I would make sure you apply to another school as well incase the NROTC gets full

WeatherGoddess

Congrats to everyone! I was selected for OCEANO :) YAY!
Where is everyone thinking of going to school? I am thinking either Ohio State or University of Kansas

WeatherGoddess

The NSI website indicates that NWU is not a required uniform at NSI and will not have to be purchased. You guys believe this is current or could the website be out of date? Bringing your NWUs with you?

I would bring them....I am pretty sure I read somewhere on their site that any uniform items that are worn by both officer and enlisted should be brought with you or else you will be required to purchase new ones.....better safe than sorry right?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Congrats to all of you who were selected this year, in what is a very competitive program. It took me 3 tries across the old STA and ECP programs to get selected back in the day (FY96 ECP). So for those of you on the alternate list or did not make it this year, keep at it!

kekio86

I know Ed told me that SDSU is one of the schools that gets the most applications so I would make sure you apply to another school as well incase the NROTC gets full

Do you think that would be the case this year? I mean only 115 selectees... I want to go to San Diego soo freakin baadd.... and the University of San Diego is so expensive... :S

Lycurgus

Pri Selectee for SPEC WAR. Applied to SDSU....waiting till 1 Nov for applications to open up for UCSD, and USD.