• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

advantix00

anyone know what or where i can find out the deadline for submission of the first part of the process? whats the dealine for the med exam and acceptance letters?

CoKoBean

im alternate for SPECOP/EOD. I hope 1 of the 3 selected falls off...haha.

Well...its certainly won't be US!!! ;):p

My husband was the only alternate for EOD last year. Looks like they only have one each year. CONGRATS to you! He didn't end up being picked up, but I guess a couple of years ago, the alternate EOD guy DID get the chance when one of the selectees got hurt. It's is such a competitive STA-21 option, so not much wiggle room for alternates. BUT......he was alternate last year and selected this year, so even if you don't get picked up, I'm sure next year your package will be great and breeze right through. Good luck! Go EOD! :)

Oops..edited to say that I see you aren't EOD. Sorry! Good luck to you!

Intel1

FY-10 STA 21 Core Selectee
I made PILOT, LS2(AW) Anthony J Ivester..... Stationed with VQ-4 at Tinker AFB!!! ....you'll be at the luncheon on wednesday right???

My daughter was born yesterday, I found out i made STA-21 today, and on wednesday, I will find out if I made Wing JSOQ.... pretty exciting week.

Any other Selectee leaving for NSI in may and going to OU???

CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!!!!

Im in the May NSI class and going to OU as well. I've called the NROTC office but the STA-21 coordinator was not available.

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
Does anyone know if your date for NSI is a solid date or if the date can change based on your acceptance? I was accepted to ODU last year and had defer to this year. I was granted a deferrment to the summer semester (starts in may) but i am not listed as going to NSI til may. If i do not start school in may I have to deal with another deferrment and then get an age waiver. I was just wondering if once they see my degree plan and acceptance, if they might change the date of NSI, or if the NROTC called and spoke to them if they might change it. let me know if you have any insight on this. thanks

Congratulations to everyone!!!

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Question: has anybody ever heard of STA-21 allowing you to move from the Feb NSI class to the May class? and if so how did you get it done because Ed is telling me its not something they like to do but I need the extra time to complete PRK eye sergery. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if your date for NSI is a solid date or if the date can change based on your acceptance? I was accepted to ODU last year and had defer to this year. I was granted a deferrment to the summer semester (starts in may) but i am not listed as going to NSI til may. If i do not start school in may I have to deal with another deferrment and then get an age waiver. I was just wondering if once they see my degree plan and acceptance, if they might change the date of NSI, or if the NROTC called and spoke to them if they might change it. let me know if you have any insight on this. thanks

Congratulations to everyone!!!

Maybe you two should see if you can work out a deal with Ed????

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
I wanted to share a little seemingly silly words of wisdom with the selected heading to NSI:

-DON'T BUY MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS AND BRING THEM BACK INTO KING HALL
*This is especially bad if done before 1800. Trust me.

-If you are a private pilot (or commercial pilot), and you fail a Nav I test, and you're a pilot select, when you go to board and they are screaming "How the hell do you expect to become a pilot in the Navy if you can't navigate!?" Hold your bearing when they start looking dumbfounded at each other after you calmly explain that you are already a pilot. Also, expect to be promoted to DIVO the following week.

That is all. Enjoy the geese turds.

I can only imagine the look on LT Brewers face. HAHA!

I didn't see LT Brewers face, but if this is the same incident I remember, as soon as I heard his voice say "what the **** is that!?!?!" I was moving as fast as I could out of the line of fire. It was usually a lot more quiet in the Quebec hallway!

There is not a patch of grass anywhere on the base in Newport that isn't completely covered in goose crap. ENJOY!!

Vectra296

I remember last year when I found out I was an alternate. It was almost as bad as not being on the list at all- or so I thought. I got selected this year, and I know a big part of it was that I was an alternate last year. If you were selected as an alternate, don't give up! There is still a chance of going this year, so get all your paperwork in ASAP. The sooner you send it in, the higher priority you get if they need to fill a gap. I hoped I would get the call, but had to get my package ready this year and reapplied. A year goes by super fast, and now here I am as a selectee. Don't be discouraged, and keep your hopes high because next year you have a big advantage because you are an alternate. Just wanted to drop that note because I know how I felt last year with being sooooooo close!

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm an Intel Alternate... I don't want to wish anyone would get hurt-- but perhaps change their minds on the acceptance?? :) Either way- I've applied to Ohio State and the University of Pittsburgh. Just some more hurry up and wait going on now. Congrats everyone who made it!!

Vectra296

Does the STA-21 Application Status eventually change to tell you why you got rejected?

I like how one of the guys I went to A school with, who used to show up to duty drunk all the time, got picked up.

is it bad that i'm hoping he got intel, does it one more time, and gets caught???? i don't think they actually tell you why unless it was something early on (like missing part of your package)... sorry--

jwac85

FY-11 STA-21 Pilot Applicant
congrats to everyone that was selected!! I wish I could say that I was. I'm already thinking about next year's package and I had a question for prior selects that put in multiple packages:

How would I go about getting a letter of recommendation from my current CO for my next application? Would I request a new one or would I put his recommendation that he signed for this previous package in as an enclosure on the next one?

ETnukeSWOhpeful

How do I know/find out which NSI date I will be attending? Is this date provided somewhere that I’m just not looking or is it whenever I get my degree plan/physical/acceptance letter?

advantix00

Well...its certainly won't be US!!! ;):p

My husband was the only alternate for EOD last year. Looks like they only have one each year. CONGRATS to you! He didn't end up being picked up, but I guess a couple of years ago, the alternate EOD guy DID get the chance when one of the selectees got hurt. It's is such a competitive STA-21 option, so not much wiggle room for alternates. BUT......he was alternate last year and selected this year, so even if you don't get picked up, I'm sure next year your package will be great and breeze right through. Good luck! Go EOD! :)

Oops..edited to say that I see you aren't EOD. Sorry! Good luck to you!
yea, im still going to go thru the motions and submit my stuff. if no go this time then reapply next year.

zeroentropy

My wife was just selected for SWO/ED, and is planning on attending ODU in the summer and is slotted for the Feb NSI. Are there any other selectees that are going to ODU or previous selectees at ODU that can give me any words of advice/tips/tricks? Thanks!

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
congrats to everyone that was selected!! I wish I could say that I was. I'm already thinking about next year's package and I had a question for prior selects that put in multiple packages:

How would I go about getting a letter of recommendation from my current CO for my next application? Would I request a new one or would I put his recommendation that he signed for this previous package in as an enclosure on the next one?

I asked my old CO just prior to his transfer to write a recommendation. And submitted only that one he gave me.

I did end up writing it myself, and he added some wording and signed it for me.