• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
For the folks applying to the University of Utah I got some good details for you. Tell them you are STA-21 and they will work with you and put your application on top of the stack...regardless what semester you applied for. Once you see admitted on the track you application page call them. They will tell you that they will not fax or email it outside the college. Call the NROTC (naval science dept.) and have it faxed to them, they will gladly forward it to Mr. Straten for you. If you need the contact or fax information PM me...

I guess you should actually call the NROTC folks first. Good Luck!

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
So... All my Chiefs and Senior Chiefs were messing with me pretty hard today... "Sir" this, "Sir" that... among other things...

Any way... one of my Senior Chiefs told me this morning that I had a Seabag Inspection this afternoon.... So I was stressing out about it... and then I just went and bought his favorite case of beer and put it in a seabag... and brought it to him.

Worked out pretty good... now my wife has to pick me up from work.. as it's almost 1800 here in Italy.

gjhouston

Question: has anybody ever heard of STA-21 allowing you to move from the Feb NSI class to the May class? and if so how did you get it done because Ed is telling me its not something they like to do but I need the extra time to complete PRK eye sergery. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I would gladly trade you, if they would allow it...but i am female so it wouldnt be an exact trade.

zeroentropy

I really hope people are still checking this thread. The email address my husband has for SDSU is no good. He left a message for Susan Neiman as someone told me about earlier on the thread. Is there another contact he can go through?

Also, does anyone know the FASTEST colleges? As far as sending acceptance letters and stuff?? We are of course hoping for SDSU, but we are willing to go wherever we have to go. So we wanted to choose other options that will respond quickly cause we would rather have to move somewhere else than have to give up his spot because the college of choice didn't work out. Any help would be great! Thanks~ :)

My wife went to SDSU before we moved over here, and now she will be going to ODU! Congrats, and let me know if you have any questions about SDSU.

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
blizzy how much you $$ you want?

Well, I'm an EOD2... but I got selected for CORE. So, are you the HT1? What NEC do you have? I thought it was just open for divers and EOD techs.

5332/5333/5334/5335/5336/5337/5342, 5343 and 8493 or 8494

I know the first 6 are EOD... just don't know what the rest are.

zeroentropy

hmm...So, I was looking at tuition rates and it's obviously a lot higher for non-residents. Is there some type of deal with the Navy so it isn't higher or how does that work? Also, we have lived in California almost 5 years, and I am counted as a resident, but my husband is usually counted as non-resident military, we still have to pay Alabama State Taxes...but he has a California Driver's License and address. Has anyone ran into this issue before or know what to do?

Thanks AW, you guys have all been amazing. I've learned so much, my husband is deployed and I'm trying to handle as much as I can for him and tell him as much information as I can cause he works long hours and doesn't have much time for research.

Don't worry, as military they won't charge him non-resident rates.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
blizzy

So... All my Chiefs and Senior Chiefs were messing with me pretty hard today... "Sir" this, "Sir" that... among other things...

I know that feeling very well! When I was selected for NAVCAD (flight training) in '56, the last 2 months before I departed, my Enlisted Shipmates kind of jeeringly called me "Ensign" instead of Hugh. I never knew whether they were kidding or maybe resentful (Though they did throw me a nice going-away beer bust).:icon_zbee
Years later I ran across several of them at various times. They all said that they had always been proud of me, but were somewhat surprised that I haden't KILLED myself!:eek:
Made me feel better...
BzB ex-ET2(SS)

mikltk

FY10 STA-21 Applicant
anyone apply to Oregon State? if so how long did it take to hear back from them. my CCC wants acceptance letters in his hands by the end of the month and I have not heard anything from them yet :confused:

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Where are the texas a&m folks!!!!!!!!

What is this texas a&m you speak of? A community college? Perhaps a middle school?

One more bit of advice for NSI, take a hacky sack (or something to stay entertained) because your first 2-3 weeks get really boring with no liberty. There is only so much you can do in your room and p-way. Laptops are also a great time waster, just be sure to lock everything up.

Be ready for lots of great info and exciting stories from LT Downing. He's an ex-marine turned Naval murse (male nurse). He's a good guy, just a bit goofy sometimes.

advantix00

Well, I'm an EOD2... but I got selected for CORE. So, are you the HT1? What NEC do you have? I thought it was just open for divers and EOD techs.

oh, i thought you were black, j. So you must be blount? I see that heckel responded. so that means black and blackburn are still out there. The EOD OCM granting me a waiver because of my background. CONGRATS on core!! I need to track down those other two guys then...there still may be hope for me yet! This is pretty much a 1 shot deal for me, they said that I couldnt do core cause Im 26, even though I almost have my AA so I could get a BA in like 2 years.

deepseadv

It's funny how sometimes that happens. When I got picked up, they had me as STG1 which was my prior rate. I had been an ND1 for a couple of years. Also, some of the NECs are Divers and Dive Med Techs.

Bill3753

Did anyone on here get picked up for HR? I got picked as an alternate. I just wondered if there was any of the other three who got selected/alternates on here.