• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

smith1787

Future SNFO
just that much closer to 2000 posts. I wonder what the most posted thread is here on airwarriors we have to be getting close with posts and views.

spu

This is completely ridiculous. First disappointment, now I'm just starting to get ticked off. 31 days in a month and still the bureaucracy can't issue a simple message that decides the fate of over a thousand of sailors. Just needed to vent to some people who can relate to where im coming from. Hope I didn't make it worse for anybody.

bb1787

First post check-in. Been following this thread for a while and figured I'd contribute to the side entertainment of post count as well as echo the frustration of all my fellow applicants who are tired of staring at message traffic for 30 days with everything else seeming to come down the pipeline except the message that changes our lives. Today my command told me I'm behind schedule for my TIS because my PRD is November.

3rdtimer

This is completely ridiculous. First disappointment, now I'm just starting to get ticked off. 31 days in a month and still the bureaucracy can't issue a simple message that decides the fate of over a thousand of sailors. Just needed to vent to some people who can relate to where im coming from. Hope I didn't make it worse for anybody.

I here ya... I'm getting a little fed up too. Lets just hope their is a happy ending at the end of all this. I really thought results were going to be out tonight.

On another note, I had surgery in July on my ACL/Mensicus. I'm progressing pretty good and I passed the PRT. I never had to go on LIMDU or do a med board. I don't want to read the entire OPNAVINST on this stuff so could anyone tell me if any of this would disqualify me if I was selected?

smith1787

Future SNFO
I here ya... I'm getting a little fed up too. Lets just hope their is a happy ending at the end of all this. I really thought results were going to be out tonight.

On another note, I had surgery in July on my ACL/Mensicus. I'm progressing pretty good and I passed the PRT. I never had to go on LIMDU or do a med board. I don't want to read the entire OPNAVINST on this stuff so could anyone tell me if any of this would disqualify me if I was selected?

Im pretty sure that as long as you can currently pass a physical, and it doesnt hinder you, you should be good. I haven't heard of being disqualified for a past surgery.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee

I think that if you can pass your physical then you are fine. In May I had surgery on my left foot to remove a bone spur that had basically prevented me from running. In July, I had my flight/commissioning physical and everything went fine. Even though I was only about 2-3 weeks removed from crutches.

So as long as you pass your physical and will be able to participate at NSI then you should be fine.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I think this by far the latest that the results have been posted in the history of the STA-21 program. Even when Katrina hit, the delay wasn't this long