• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

shoe83

Fonz,
I'm not sure how the board will look at it, but I don't think it could hurt you. It may not help a whole lot (but then again it might), but it shouldn't hurt your package.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
As many packages as they have to sort through in such a short time, they probably pay a lot more attention to your CO's recommendation than the letters. They'll either help or be of no consequence, my guess.

On another note, good luck, hopefuls. It's been a long month for ya. I remember the anxiety. A good friend of mine applied this year, I'm hoping to see his name next to yours. Keep on keepin' on.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Hey guys, this might be off topic slightly, but Im thinking about my letters of recommendation. I have LORs from an Air Force Col, some professors, employer, hockey coach, a Senator, Congressman, and Representative. I figured that the political LORs would go over nicely, but now I'm thinking that I might be viewed as a "political pain in the ass." Considering it's their "duty" to help citizens in their district, they might lack some key characteristics because they don't really "know me" that well.

What do you think? Good? Bad? Doesn't really help or hurt me?

In my package that I was selected for I had a LOR from my Local Congressman. I do not know if it helped me get selected, but in any case it obviously didn't hurt me. I think it might just show that you put in a little extra effort.

You should be fine either way.

AirmanV

STA-21 FY09 SELECTEE
Hey Loweryab, I believe you were done with work at 1800 EST. were you able to give the guy that has duty a good turnover... :) Such as making sure to watch the message traffic every 5 minutes or so until 2000 EST at least. :)