• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

Utah Minded

MH-60R
Physical Status

Hello everyone! I have been a viewer of the forum for some time now, I just now got around to registering. I was an alternate for FY08 Pilot and I got selected for FY09 Pilot. The only thing I am waiting for is for my physical to be reviewed. Degree plan is accepted and everything seems to be lined up, but I am seeing a lot of other's dealing with the waiting process of BUMED and NOMI. I turned my physical paperwork in Nov. 18th and it has not changed from "pending BUMED review." I saw that Sooner had his physical over to NOMI after about a week. I am wondering what I should do. I have contacted Ed Straten and he is just telling me to "sit tight." I hope my paperwork didn't get lost or sitting in the bottom of some other pile. This part is more stressful than the entire two years of applying.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Utah

My physical took about 12 days total to go to BUMED and then getting sent to NOMI. I sent it in on the 14th and Mr. Straten had it going to NOMI on the 26th. Don't worry you will be in the same boat as everyone else with waiting on NOMI. I am sure they are trying to get all of our physicals pushed up to the front because of needing orders so quickly. Hope everything goes well with your package. Talk to the NROTC unit at ODU. They should have an officer that can throw a degree plan for you. I did that for the Univ. of Oklahoma and Mr. Straten had no problem accepting it. Like I said the best bet would be to contact the unit so they can start working for you.

Utah Minded

MH-60R
Thanks Sooner! I never thought of asking the NROTC unit to get the info together. Honestly, I dont really know what to expect from NROTC experience. I am excited to go to college, and Embry Riddle has developed a degree plan for me and that has me graduating summer 2011. I think I'm going to go with them, I have the age factor not working in my favor. I'll be turning 27 next summer so I need to graduate ASAP and ODU just couldn't do that for me as a transfer student.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I am in the same boat as you but I applied for NFO. I turn 27 next April so I didn't want to push it. It would have been prime if my b-day would have been in the summer like yours, but again I didn't want to push it. I would go with whomever can get your diploma faster. I just called NOMI and they said the person who could answer my questions about timeframes isn't there today, so hopefully they can give me a little light on how long they are going to take. Hopefully they will say we are pushing your packages up. Good luck everyone.

Utah Minded

MH-60R
According to Ed Straten, our physicals first are reviewed by BUMED and then NOMI gets their chance to look at it. I was initially under the impression that it would only be reviewed once, not twice. But, all is well as long as they find me physically fit and I have enough time to move my wife and daughter to my Aunt's we are training at Newport.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Not if NOMI takes forever. I have to move my family from Washington to Oklahoma. I have already been qualified by BUMED and it is at NOMI right now. Which I heard takes FOREVER!!!!!!! I am thinking that the time it would take to clean the house, move out of housing, drive to oklahoma, set up my family with all the medical and housing, plus get up to RI on 20th of FEB, I would have to leave here no later than the end of Jan. Hopefully all of our physicals get done before the 22nd and we will get our orders by the first of Jan. because if that doesn't happen it will be hard to get our move done before NSI.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
you have to talk to your advisor and make an appointment. My advisor hadme write the entire thing up and he looked at it for about 20-30 seconds and signed it.

I am an alternate and have submitted all my info and am just waiting (and getting FY 10 package prepped). I submitted a degree plan for the Citadel (Mr. Straten says I had everything I needed a while back) but want to have more options of schools if I do get sent this year. I have gotten an acceptance letter to ODU (Old Dominion University). Anyone know who I talk to about getting a degree plan from them? I have been calling the last couple days for like hours on end and getting a huge run around about who I need to talk to. If you have gotten one from ODU and remember who you talked to please let me know. Thanks

jake954

More ODU degree plan troubles

you have to talk to your advisor and make an appointment. My advisor hadme write the entire thing up and he looked at it for about 20-30 seconds and signed it.

Unfortunately I am stationed in King's Bay so I cannot readily go to ODU. They finally got my transfer credits squared away online so we'll see what happens tomorrow when I call. Who was your adviser? I know Dr. Lin is the Mechanical Engineering Technology program director but not sure if he would have to approve the degree plan or someone else. I guess I'll write it up and find out tomorrow. Thanks.

flyn707

I logged onto STA-21 today and it said that my orders have been requested. OUTSTANDING. I hope you all have the same luck and we all receive our orders by Christmas

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I logged onto STA-21 today and it said that my orders have been requested. OUTSTANDING. I hope you all have the same luck and we all receive our orders by Christmas

Just talked to Ed...said that the only orders that have been requested are for people going to BOOST...not sure if true but thats what he told me. Also said he got his Commander involved and he is supposed to get some Physicals back today from NOMI...I have been waiting since the 3Nov so I hope that they can get the dam things done....seriously does it take a damn month to look over a physical that was already completed...

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I really hope that all the BOOST guys turn into pending this week, so all of us NSI guys will be pending by the next week. As a matter of fact this was my letter to Santa.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for my orders to be pending in BUPERS because I need them to move my family home. I promise I have been a very good boy.

Thank you,
AT3(AW)

Hahaha. Got to have a little humor on here. Well like it has been said good luck all and I hope we all get our orders in hand by the end of the month.

aircrew1221

My Husband talked to the "guy" at NOMI and his physical is suppose to be within the 50 that he is reviewing ( they have had it since Nov 5) so hopefully within the week everything will be done with and we can get the ball rolling with orders.

Good Luck everyone.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I really hope that all the BOOST guys turn into pending this week, so all of us NSI guys will be pending by the next week. As a matter of fact this was my letter to Santa.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for my orders to be pending in BUPERS because I need them to move my family home. I promise I have been a very good boy.

Thank you,
AT3(AW)

Hahaha. Got to have a little humor on here. Well like it has been said good luck all and I hope we all get our orders in hand by the end of the month.

HAHA I am digging it....everything is usually so serious on here. Nov 3rd is the date mine was sent up...said it a million times that its been a month but just doesnt seem to help...cant really figure out why complaining hasnt helped...it usually does ;) I am on 30 days of leave boys and girls and the whole PT'ing in my underwear outside in the 30 degree weather has turned into smoking on my hammock naked. Oh well...so much for trying to prepare for something. Hope everyone elses is going better...see you at NSI!

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Well I think everyone's stuff should be going through. I have to send some stuff back to NOMI because I had PRK and they did not get everything they needed. That's good news because I should have everything back down there and hopefully it will get back to Mr. Straten for him to request orders. NUKE if you are religious pray because that worked for me. I prayed for everyone to get their stuff at NOMI done so we can get our orders. Praise God!!!!!!