• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
what school gave you your acceptance letter so fast? Anyone know how long the state schools in San Diego take?

The University of Kansas, but I applied over a month ago. Even though I have one acceptance letter already I am going to apply to at least one more just in case. I would really hate to mess this opportunity up over something as little as not applying to more than one school.

See everybody at Boost!!

flyn707

I believe that the physical info is due by Dec. Everything else is turned in upon receipt. Is this correct? or do I need to wait and turn everything in at once?

haubby

None
Contributor
I believe that the physical info is due by Dec. Everything else is turned in upon receipt. Is this correct? or do I need to wait and turn everything in at once?

The sooner the better. Don't wait to turn anything in. If you have it, send it in.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Just wondering who is all going to NSI on 22FEB? I know myself, jbuck, and aircrews husband anyone know how big of a class it is going to be. Oh yeah, I cannot wait this is my last boat det. I'll be gone for a month so I will hopefully be able to catch up with you guys time for time since this site isn't blocked by NMCI. Also, is it reccommended to take your laptop or not? I am anyways but just wondering if it might have helped more. I heard they have like a cyber cafe there and it has wifi so that's a plus. Good luck to all can't wait to see you all there.

Snipesley

Maritime Kbay
I am also in the 22Feb09 NSI class

I can't believe they are making you go on det for a month. I am in Lemoore going to growler school right now. I was suppose to be here well into November, however, my command is getting an order mod to bring me back to my squadron on Whidbey Island within the next two days. Pretty nice because they also told me to stop attending the classes, and just muster in the mornings!:D

aircrew1221

when applying for colleges did anyone apply online? we just applied to all the schools my husband was interested in online, we want to get things done faster. I just hope we get Florida.

k_smittay

when applying for colleges did anyone apply online? we just applied to all the schools my husband was interested in online, we want to get things done faster. I just hope we get Florida.

Apply on-line, but follow up within a couple days to all the colleges and speak to the admissions people and tell them your situation. They are pretty understanding and some will even expedite the process for you and throw you application on top of the pile. After the application, they all will want your official high school transcripts and some want ACT/SAT test scores.. so I would get in contact with each admission department and stay ahead of the game.

99.9% of the time you get to go to the school you want.. but don't risk it.. It is a race from this point on.

Also a little hint.. don't send acceptance letters and degree plans from all the school to CNET (Ed Straten).. only send the 1 school you really want to go to. If CNET has a problem sending you there, they will let you know pretty quick and THEN you can cough up the other acceptance letters. =) Best of luck.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I never thought of that. That is some crazy awesome advice. I mean seriously working the system. I can't wait for NSI. By the way my name is David Corbin. So we don't have to try and introduce ourselfs by our AW screennames. Has anyone thought of what kind of callsign the senior JO's are going to give us? I think I am more excited about that than actually flying.

Navy_Brat_AT

Apply on-line, but follow up within a couple days to all the colleges and speak to the admissions people and tell them your situation. They are pretty understanding and some will even expedite the process for you and throw you application on top of the pile. After the application, they all will want your official high school transcripts and some want ACT/SAT test scores.. so I would get in contact with each admission department and stay ahead of the game.

99.9% of the time you get to go to the school you want.. but don't risk it.. It is a race from this point on.

Also a little hint.. don't send acceptance letters and degree plans from all the school to CNET (Ed Straten).. only send the 1 school you really want to go to. If CNET has a problem sending you there, they will let you know pretty quick and THEN you can cough up the other acceptance letters. =) Best of luck.

HELP!!!! I have a 30 day Deadline?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy crap!!! 30 days from when? Today? BOOST? NO ONE HERE IS BRIEFING ME!!!!

haubby

None
Contributor
HELP!!!! I have a 30 day Deadline?!?!?!?!?!?! Holy crap!!! 30 days from when? Today? BOOST? NO ONE HERE IS BRIEFING ME!!!!

Simmer down now. You will be sent a congrats letter from CNET stating all the deadlines that need to be met. They are understanding for people who are stationed overseas and deployed. There were a few people in BOOST last year who didn't have acceptance letters or degree plans till the end of BOOST. CNET will work with you. No one is briefing you because they probably don't even know what to do. It's up to you to find the information. Welcome to the world that is STA-21.

Stick

pilot
Does the 10000 cover the cost of going to the Citadel???

The $2k for summer doesn't cover everything if you take classes at The Citadel. But if you take the classes at Trident Tech and transfer them in it will. For the spring and fall semesters it might. that all depends on how many classes you are taking and where you buy your books. I am taking 24 credits this semester and had to drop about $500 on books because I waited until the last minute and bought them thru the campus book store. If you find out early what books you need you can order them online for much cheaper and you might not have to pay any out of pocket expenses.

ELT(SS)

Yes bring your laptop to Newport, bring movies, books, a football, 3 bean bags to teach yourself to juggle, and then bring your car if at all possible.

DaveWilliams

FY09 INTEL SELECT
Anyone NOT going to february NSI?

Has anyone seen anything else besides "You are scheduled to report to Naval Science Institute on 02/22/2009. Graduation date is 04/17/2009."

Or is this a standard message? It also says info is for "planning purposes."

Just wondering because a lot of people (including my Command) are asking me when I am leaving.

Stick

pilot
Has anyone seen anything else besides "You are scheduled to report to Naval Science Institute on 02/22/2009. Graduation date is 04/17/2009."

Or is this a standard message? It also says info is for "planning purposes."

Just wondering because a lot of people (including my Command) are asking me when I am leaving.

If your orders for NSI are anything like mine were last year then they will say to depart in January. You are authorized 30 days transfer leave on your way to NSI, and after NSI you will be granted leave in regards to when your school will be starting its next semester. Some of us had 30 more days before reporting to school, others had somewhere around two weeks. It all depends on your school.