• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

BrickNole

pilot
Login to STA-21 and find out your report date to boost/NSI. I class up BOOST Feb 22nd. God it's gonna suck...Rhode Island in winter! It'll be colder than a witch's tit in a steel bra on the shady side of an iceberg. :eek:I'm from Hawaii for goodness sake.

AC1 FlyAlot

Login to STA-21 and find out your report date to boost/NSI. I class up BOOST Feb 22nd. God it's gonna suck...Rhode Island in winter! It'll be colder than a witch's tit in a steel bra on the shady side of an iceberg. :eek:I'm from Hawaii for goodness sake.

Me too for BOOST on the 22 of Feb. Not excited about that! But whatever it takes, uh?? I'm just happy I got selected first time up and for Pilot!!

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
It took me about 2-3 weeks to receive my acceptance letter. If you haven't yet I would STRONGLY suggest applying now. Also my school needed official transcripts sent from all the schools I have attended. A faxed copy would work only for determining if they would accept me to the school. The official is required if they are going to give me transfer credit for those classes.

It didn't matter when I applied that I was doing STA-21, or ROTC. Might want to check with your schools unit and talk to them about any specific requirements or questions you have.
what school gave you your acceptance letter so fast? Anyone know how long the state schools in San Diego take?

AmericanRiver

USD had theirs out the first week of Dec and I believe SDSU was the very next week.
Thanks, do you have any buddys from your unit at SDSU that might be able to help me with the degree plan? I applied to San Marcos like we talked about for a safety.

Anyone else apply to Univ of Maryland? Know how long the acceptance takes from there?

AmericanRiver

Thanks for the info. I am seriously considering Citadel now that I have been doing my research. Do you live in barracks? Or out in town? How is Charleston?
Citadel is automatic acceptance with STA 21. They'll just won't accept any credit from SMART.

AmericanRiver

It all depends on your orders. If you are sent TAD then you continue to receive BAH, if you're sent PCS, then you get no BAH.
Is it possible to ensure you are sent TAD? What are the living conditions at Boost like? Room inspections? I'm sure there is a few threads on here for boost. I should probably do some reading... My PRD and current EAOS is April 18th.

AmericanRiver

I have a few more questions, my husband is wanting to major in Sociology because if he goes for the engineering degree he more than likely will not be able to complete it.

We have narrowed it down to four schools: University of South Florida, Texas A&M, Norfolk State University, and University of Colorado.
If you have any information on the ROTC units at any of these or any other information it would be greatly appreciated.
I applied to Un of Tampa last year. Share the ROTC with South Florida. Area looked awesome and really fast on the acceptance letter!

Stick

pilot
Citadel is automatic acceptance with STA 21. They'll just won't accept any credit from SMART.

That is not 100% true, only about 99%. It all depends upon your degree and the "need" for some extra credit. I was told I will be given a few credits for my business degree because I only have two years to complete it, with only transferring in english 101. So, for the most part you will not get any SMART credit.

Stick

pilot
Is it possible to ensure you are sent TAD? What are the living conditions at Boost like? Room inspections? I'm sure there is a few threads on here for boost. I should probably do some reading... My PRD and current EAOS is April 18th.

I believe it was previously started that if you are going to BOOST then you are sent via PCS due to the length of BOOST.n So there would be no way of getting TAD orders to BOOST. But you will be able to move your family there if you are married.

All I heard about the rooms at BOOST was they had computers in them with internet access. That is soo much better than we had at NSI because there are no computers in the rooms.

CTT1 D

ENS D
Thanks, do you have any buddys from your unit at SDSU that might be able to help me with the degree plan? quote]

I think ELT (SS) is roaming around here somewhere. Shoot him a PM.

All BOOST orders were PCS, married sailors could bring their family and stay out in town. At the end we received orders to NSI with follow on orders to the NROTC. NSI only sailors get TAD orders to NSI with follow on PCS to their NROTC unit. "NSI only" gets family sep pay, BOOSTers do not.

BOOST was extremely laid back... go to class, don't fail, don't get caught with little boys or dead girls in your trunk. Two people to a room and I think we had one room inspection the entire time. Like Haubby said though, that very well might change since the MSGT who ran things was terminal and has since retired.