• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
On the message that was sent on Friday with the list, it stated that within the next 30 days we will be notified of NSI/Boost start dates. As far as orders go we have all seen in many of the previous posts, we will likely receive our orders closer to our transfer date. I'm sure everyone will have the same message on the STA-21 page until all required documents have been received. My name is Matt Lamb by the way and I will be at NSI on the 22nd.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
How quickly after sending everything in will they let you know for sure your college, I have everything but the degree plan (which I will have on monday). BTW my name is Joe Buck, see you guys in Feb!

sw09

So our PSD is telling us that they will send my wife from Rota, Spain all the way to Sacramento while I am in BOOST/NSI and she will get BAH for Sac, not Newport. They will ship some of our household goods to Sac for her, and the rest to wherever I go to school. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there information I can show them stating she is entitled to Newport BAH?

Stick

pilot
Search the STA-21 website and everywhere else you can. I don't remember where I found it last year that talked about receiving BAH for one place or another. It seems like the guys who were overseas were handled a little different. I had the easiest time because I was stationed in Charleston, SC went to NSI then came back to Charleston. I stayed in my same house, so no interruption in BAH or anything.

davebomb25

Has anyone on here received the congratulations latter from STA-21 that has the deadlines on it? Mr. Paros said we should be receiveing it in the mail soon. Does it go to home address or command address? I am deployed and wonder how the hell I will get the letter if it is mailed to my house. I would really like it emailed out to me ya know?

Stick

pilot
It will go to your command. Mine took about a month to get because my command sat on it a few days before routing it to the CO so he could then route it to me with his own congratulations letter. Don't worry about dates too much, just get everything done yesterday. Your physical will be due in December and you need acceptance letters with degree plans soon after. Hurry up, you don't want to loose this great opportunity because you took your time. If you think it will take a while for something that is out of your control (school processing time or something) call p-cola and tell them. They will work with you if they know your issue.

aircrew1221

Does anyone know if the three colleges you listed on your sta-21 application have to be one of the ones you go to? There are a few my husband overlooked when applying for sta-21 and now he has applied to two that were not on his package, will this affect anything?

Stick

pilot
No. It doesn't matter what was on your app. Just turn in the one letter and degree plan to the college you want to go to. If there is a problem with that one then you will be told, so then you can send in another one.

aircrew1221

No. It doesn't matter what was on your app. Just turn in the one letter and degree plan to the college you want to go to. If there is a problem with that one then you will be told, so then you can send in another one.

Thank you. Also when talking to colleges to tell them my husbands situation in hopes of getting the application process expedited what exactly should I tell them?

Stick

pilot
Explain to the admissions office that he has been accepted into the STA-21 program and he needs the letter ASAP. Some schools actually have representatives that know about military programs like STA-21. If you contact the ROTC unit or veterans affairs office at the school and talk to them they should be able to help out.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Car Pool???

Hey just checking if anyone wants to car pool or wants to ride up with me?? I am in southwest missouri

ELT(SS)

I highly recommend bringing a car of your own, if at all possible. One of my favorite things to do while there was to drive to the coast and sit on the rock outcroppings on the ocean and read a book. Just make sure to pay attention to the tide, otherwise you might be stuck for a while. But, bring a car.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
I think we should all bring our cars if at all possible. I plan on getting there a few days early to familiarize myself with the area and settle the nerves before NSI. I think we should all meet up before NSI starts. Where is everyone plan on going to college? My heart is set on University of Colorado.

Stick

pilot
I think we should all bring our cars if at all possible. I plan on getting there a few days early to familiarize myself with the area and settle the nerves before NSI.

There isn't a huge reason to get to Newport early. You will get to see downtown Newport when you march in the parade they have every year. If you bring a GPS then you are straight. Newport = bars and really big old houses not much else. That is the reason I say just bring a GPS.