• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Thanks for the heads up on that Nasty. I mean mine just got there last Friday so I will call Ed on Friday if my status has not changed and check if the same thing happened. I really hope that everything gets done by the time Ed puts in for the orders because I am trying to move my family back before we go to NSI. I am going to try and work the system with the house hunting leave and then roll into regular leave. I had to come off the boat for emergency leave, but hopefully they did not charge me for those 5 days. If they did oh well, I just hope I can do my little plan with the leave and that will put me leaving Whidbey Island about the 12th or 13th of January. I plan on checking in up at NSI on Sat. the 20th. Everyone still up for hanging out that Saturday before we get locked down on liberty for a month? Oh and if you took an advancement exam, good luck hope everyone advanced.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
yes once all your college paperwork is in it will say degree plan accepted and a check for assigned, least mine does.

This might (probably) be a stupid question but how does the BUMED/NOMI part of the physical work? My SNA physical is completed, emailed to Ed, and has been approved by BUMED. My status page on the on-line STA website says "qualified". Since BUMED has received it and my status says qualified does that mean NOMI has already seen it too? Is there something else that needs to be done, more waiting?

I just received my signed degree plan yesterday so off to get it scanned and emailed today. That will be the last of my required items needed. Anybody who has everything in been assigned to a ROTC unit yet? The three schools listed on the STA status page, do one of those get a check mark, or X, once all of the conditions have been met?

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Yeah my college line has a check in the block and viewed/accepted after whatever university is in the middle. You guys should see the crazyness on navyadvancement.com. I am glad we were not that bad because some of those people are hanging on by a thread.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I forgot to ask you guys. Has any NROTC O's emailed you trying to get you to come to their school? I got an email today and it made me feel like I was on top of the world. He is a XO at a NROTC unit and was just expressing his congratulations to me and pitching two schools. Memphis and Ole' Miss. I thought it was pretty cool. I wonder if there are going to be more normal recruiting pitches like that or if he was just shooting from the hip and trying to increase his units numbers.

BrickNole

pilot
My physical status has been in "review" status for 3 weeks now. didn't know it only took 3 or 4 days, even though BUMED is undermanned right now. I'll call Ed tomorrow then and see if he maybe passed my physical over as well.

Florida State University sent me an email saying they'd want me to check out there NROTC unit. Said they always welcome fleet experience and all that. I have my sights set on University of Florida though.

At least one person should know a decent bar in Newport to chill at the Saturday night before liberty lockdown. Last time I was at Newport I was in 5th grade. I do remember a good place to play kickball though.

hogfan1010

School

My first post, but I've been listening since before "the wait". Is anyone else on here going to U of Memphis? or U of Colorado? Thanks

StaticAT83

FY09 STA-21 NFO Selectee
My physical status has been in "review" status for 3 weeks now. didn't know it only took 3 or 4 days, even though BUMED is undermanned right now. I'll call Ed tomorrow then and see if he maybe passed my physical over as well.

I emailed mine in on November 7th and and it still says pending bumed review. I called Ed today and he told me that he hadn't hear from BUMED that there was anything wrong with my physical and that it could take two to three weeks. The people that got it done in only a few days they must have been lucky.

Stick

pilot
At least one person should know a decent bar in Newport to chill at the Saturday night before liberty lockdown. Last time I was at Newport I was in 5th grade. I do remember a good place to play kickball though.

I would recommend just walking over to the E club and getting a drink there. It is much cheaper and you don't have to risk driving.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
My first post, but I've been listening since before "the wait". Is anyone else on here going to U of Memphis? or U of Colorado? Thanks

I'm going to CU! I can't wait i am so pumped. I talked to an OC who is there right now. He said it was cool the only downside being that we have to do two extra drills a week and clean up after basketball and football game. I can deal with that to be in outdoor paradise. Let me know if you have any questions.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
That's probably the best idea Stick. I didn't know they had an E-Club on base because I thought it was mostly just Mustang types that are up there. Anyways, Congrats tribeach on getting into CU. Hope you have fun. Do they let you guys into the games for free? We do a little bit of recruiting stuff at OU I guess before the games and then go in for free. I can't wait.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Well fella's I hope you guys advanced. You can check your profile sheet at www.advancement.cnet.navy.mil they are already up. I missed it by three f'n points. How I did not receive the EP this time around baffles me, but you know what in just a little over two years, three for some, we will all have butter bars so it does not matter. Good luck all.

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Its funny you should say it. I missed mine by less than 3 points also... Not too bad for a nuke student, though. I love scoring higher than the guys who got advanced. But yeah, as you said, in a few years it won't matter. Its not like I'll be able to make first anyway at ROTC.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
crbnsooner,
Ya I'm assuming we get in for free because some times we have to work security. Oh yes I will be a rent-a-cop at the games. I should grow out a cheesy mustache and work on some pervert pickup lines. That's cool though, you probably set up a booth and just wear your OC uniforms maybe you'll squeeze out some box seats occasionally! Well when you get in on Friday we can go out in town, maybe providence because I know someone out there who is willing to take us out. Then Saturday we'll chill out at the E-club. I'm also picking up Aircrews husband who is flying in on Friday. Oh and are we entitled to house hunting leave? I've heard a few mentions of that but wasn't sure if it's true or not.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Depends on when you take it. I just talked to our PERSO and he said house hunting is techniquely TAD orders, so if you are planning on taking that leave before you show up, you have to do it seperate from the others. The interesting thing is you get your regular leave, 30 days if you have it, plus however many travel days it is. So say you have 30 days and it is calculated to be 6 days travel, you would get 36 days of leave only being charged for 30. That's how he explained it to me. I just hope I get my orders in DEC. because I want to take as much as possible so I can move the family back before NSI. I would talk to your admin or your PERSO about house hunting if you wanted to do that first. I can't afford both because I got a full family, prego wife and three daughters.

Stick

pilot
House hunting leave is no cost TAD orders. That means you pay to get there, lodging while at location, and pay to get back to your duty station, but the 10 days of leave is not charged to you. You are entitled this every time you PCS. If I remember correctly you have to start it on a Friday afternoon so it minimizes the number of work days you miss. I haven't moved in 3 years so I don't really remember the rules of house hunting. When you do take it you are supposed to get your TAD orders stamped by the housing office in the area, but if your school isn't near one then you would most likely get the ROTC unit to sign them.