• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

Stick

pilot
Things are slowly but surely getting done for my husband we are just waiting on NOMI to approve his paperwork, we have one college acceptance letter but are waiting on the one he really wants.

Then its getting everything to Mr. Straten.

Does anyone know how far it is from the airport to the base? He will be flying to RI since we are in WA. State.
Thanks

Directly off the OTC Newport website:

Commercial airlines fly to Providence. Commercial ground travel must then be arranged to Newport. A 12-passenger van provides shuttle service every hour from T. F. Green (Providence) Airport (PVD) to Newport for about $20. Taxi fare from the airport to Newport is approximately $65. No Navy transportation is available from the Providence Airport, which is the closest airport to the naval complex. You will be reimbursed for travel expenses, so save all of your receipts.

I suggest contacting someone else who is driving up there and have them pick your husband up. Many people are more than willing to do that.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
Watch out for NOMI they have lost my lab work twice now!!! I faxed and emailed it to them last week, and Mr. Straten emailed me this morning saying they can't find it again.

Things are slowly but surely getting done for my husband we are just waiting on NOMI to approve his paperwork, we have one college acceptance letter but are waiting on the one he really wants.

Does anyone know how far it is from the airport to the base? He will be flying to RI since we are in WA. State.
Thanks

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Well just confirmed that Mr. Straten received my acceptance letter. Now I just have to get my physical signed and sent down there and finish up my degree plan. I cannot wait to get there so we can get on with the program!

aircrew1221

Hey guys so My husband is only doing NSI and his report date is Feb 22 so I would imagine he would fly in a day or 2 early, anyone willing to pick him up at the airport? It would be greatly appreciated.

ET2DEAN

Thanks

Your in WA? Where? My husband is stationed in Everett. He got selected for BOOST, so we will all be going out with him. Is your husband going to BOOST? Also, what college are guys wanting to go to? My husband is still waiting on an acceptance letter.

ET2DEAN

Your in WA? Where? My husband is stationed in Everett. He got selected for BOOST, so we will all be going out with him. Is your husband going to BOOST? Also, what college are guys wanting to go to? My husband is still waiting on an acceptance letter.

Woops! I totaly didnt read the post above. My husband is attending the FEB22 BOOST, so we will be there, we could pick your hubby up!

aircrew1221

Woops! I totaly didnt read the post above. My husband is attending the FEB22 BOOST, so we will be there, we could pick your hubby up!

We are up in Whidbey, lovely place LOL. We are wanting to go to University of South Florida. He got accepted to Norfolk State but we really want Florida.
What schools are you guys looking at?

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Well, I guess since I've already probed everyone for information, I should be friendly now. :)

I'm looking to go to Virginia Tech, possibly UVA, with a back-up of ODU. My biggest concern is getting accepted to VT, since I dropped out of community college (ending up with a non-so-impressive GPA). Its a bit stressful, considering I not only need to get accepted, but get in the acceptance letter by 22DEC, when the college normally sends those out in late May. It seems like some other people are in a similar situation... Are the colleges usually accomodating in getting a letter out in time, or am I possibly boned?

SubmarineWife

Well, I guess since I've already probed everyone for information, I should be friendly now. :)

I'm looking to go to Virginia Tech, possibly UVA, with a back-up of ODU. My biggest concern is getting accepted to VT, since I dropped out of community college (ending up with a non-so-impressive GPA). Its a bit stressful, considering I not only need to get accepted, but get in the acceptance letter by 22DEC, when the college normally sends those out in late May. It seems like some other people are in a similar situation... Are the colleges usually accomodating in getting a letter out in time, or am I possibly boned?

My husband was accepted in FY08 and again this year FY09. Both years, the way we pushed the acceptance letters through was by being a squeaky wheel (you know, squeaky wheel gets the grease?). He stayed on the NROTC about once a week, but left it to me to push the admissions office. You have to be nice about it, but we've had all 3 acceptance letters for nearly 2 weeks now. If you explain the circumstance and try to ask for the same person over and over, they get tired of hearing from you and will likely take care of it! :) Good luck!

Stick

pilot

Just like it has been said before, keep on the ROTC unit and Admissions office. Do I have to teach you everything?:)

If you have a degre plan and acceptance letter from a different college then go ahead and send that in to Ed, but let him knoe you want VT. You can always get an ORDMOD even at NSI. So do worry too much, but then again you always did.

Navy_Brat_AT

:confused:Hey guys, I am finding it really hard to get these colleges to aprove an acceptance letter so soon! What should i do?! Texas A&M is being very Cooperative but The University of Texas MIGHT not be able to. I have had to apply to the "cross-street" college Huston-Tillotson. From there they are saying I can transfer. AHHHH!!!! I am loosing my mind! tell me i am not the only one in this position.:confused:

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I would call Mr. Straten at STA-21 on monday because that deadline isn't that strict. Because I was trying to stay off of a boat det after we found out I made it, so I could get all of this stuff done. My chiefs called down there and they said as long as your physical is in ASAP they said you have to have your college info into them before NSI starts. Don't quote me on all of this because this is what my chiefs told me. I was never told this directly, not saying they were lying but I have heard of stuff like this from other people. Just call Mr. Straten and you should be able to sort it out. I hounded the ROTC unit to get involved and they were more than happy to give the admissions office a kick in the butt. Hope this helps somewhat.

Stick

pilot
:confused:Hey guys, I am finding it really hard to get these colleges to aprove an acceptance letter so soon! What should i do?! Texas A&M is being very Cooperative but The University of Texas MIGHT not be able to. I have had to apply to the "cross-street" college Huston-Tillotson. From there they are saying I can transfer. AHHHH!!!! I am loosing my mind! tell me i am not the only one in this position.:confused:

UT is known for not getting a letter in time. If you really want to go there you must turn in an acceptance letter and degree plan to a different university and get orders to that school. Then when at NSI is when UT sends out the letters, and at that point you can get an ORDMOD to UT.