• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I just wanted to know if anyone has attended Norfolk State University or if they know anyone who has?

NSU is part of the Hampton Roads NROTC Consortium. You can check out the unit website http://www.odu.edu/nrotc for more info. Most of the members in the NSU company are MIDN but I think there are a few OC's there at least one that I know of. If you have questions regarding the battalion in general there are quite a few regulars on AW you can ask questions as well as PM me.

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Got a couple questions about enlisted advancement while in STA-21. First, do our ROTC units give us evals, or are we non-observed? Second, do you just drive out to a nearby base when they're taking their advancement exams? Third, (this one's for the nukes), do you still take the nuclear rating exam while you're in STA-21?

And finally, does anybody know if you still get your enlistment bonus (not SRB) if you complete nuclear training (i.e.: qualify at NPTU) before shipping out to NSI?

I'm goin to NSI in February. Anybody else planning to go to Virginia Tech or UVA?

Thanks in advance.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
NOB evals, yes a nearby base, and yes it's still a nuke exam. Re-read the instruction for pertinent info about your bonus. You won't get it. You applied to the program before completing school, therefore, no bonus of any kind. You have to be totally completed with your school (i.e. earn a 33XX NEC) BEFORE even appling for the program to get any kind of bonus.

BrickNole

pilot
I recieved the letter at my navy hangar address around 2 weeks ago. It says to have school degree planning and applications submitted by 22 December. Everything else is common information if you keep up with posts on here.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
has anyone received the official Navy letter the STA-21 website mentions?

I received mine late last week, Thursday or Friday. It was addressed to my command; NAS Patuxent River with my name under that. There was no building number, division, hangar, department or anything other than that. That's why it took mine so long because the base's quarterdeck had to search for me and find where I worked. Once there it took a couple days to make its way to my hands. If you haven't received it yet you might want to check with your chain of command or quarterdeck. Mine said the same McNasty mentioned, a deadline of 22Dec. I'm sure that goes for everybody this year.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I received mine late last week, Thursday or Friday. It was addressed to my command; NAS Patuxent River with my name under that. There was no building number, division, hangar, department or anything other than that. That's why it took mine so long because the base's quarterdeck had to search for me and find where I worked. Once there it took a couple days to make its way to my hands. If you haven't received it yet you might want to check with your chain of command or quarterdeck. Mine said the same McNasty mentioned, a deadline of 22Dec. I'm sure that goes for everybody this year.

Guess I'll have to keep checking, I turned everything in (minus NOMI losing all my lab work, douches) so I'm not worried about the deadline just wanted to see the letter.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
What's up fellow OC selectees? In case anyone was wondering about orders, I heard from a little church mouse that our orders are going to be put in for the first week of Dec. I also heard it is about a ten day turnaround for STA-21 guys. Yes I know that some guys didn't get theirs until the day before NSI/BOOST started, BUT I heard if all of your paperwork is in and approved by the time Mr. Straten puts in for the orders, you will receive your orders very shortly. I know more speculation, but thought I would fire our thread up again since the posts are few and far between. On a serious note are we all still on for Saturday night before classes start up because I am coming up there without a vehicle because we only have one and we have three little girls and one on the way (hopefully a boy this time) but just so you guys know I am a good DD! hahaha Hope everyone's paperwork is coming more smoothly than mine.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
I'm up for Saturday. Dave if you are flying in I'll pick you up from the airport. Just PM me if you need a ride brother. Time is most certainly flying by. As of now I'm slated to go to Colorado which is awesome for a ski bum like myself. I hope the rest of you are as ready to start this new chapter. Time will fly and take some leave for the holidays if you can. If anyone else needs a ride from the airport be sure to PM me, I don't want anyone paying for a taxi or taking a damn duty van. See everyone soon!!!

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Yeah I just sent my acceptance letter from OU down to Mr. Straten. I should have my physical paperwork by friday to send to him, and a LT at OU is sending my degree plan in the next couple of days. I SO cannot wait to be there because I am going to HATE working the next couple of months before we leave. Good luck in getting everything done.

aircrew1221

Things are slowly but surely getting done for my husband we are just waiting on NOMI to approve his paperwork, we have one college acceptance letter but are waiting on the one he really wants.

Then its getting everything to Mr. Straten.

Does anyone know how far it is from the airport to the base? He will be flying to RI since we are in WA. State.
Thanks

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Got a couple questions about enlisted advancement while in STA-21. First, do our ROTC units give us evals, or are we non-observed? Second, do you just drive out to a nearby base when they're taking their advancement exams? Third, (this one's for the nukes), do you still take the nuclear rating exam while you're in STA-21?

Thanks in advance.

My unit gave us real evals, not NOB's.