• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
Will we see the message as it's posted on NPC? I thought it takes a few days for it to be released for everyone to see. Don't only COs and XOs have accesss to the results at first? If that's the case, we'll be finding out because someone's CO let them know. Please post on here if you find out ANYTHING! The wait is killer...

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
I think the most agonizing part was the false hope that 282 was the golden ticket. Oh well the wait continues with hopefully promising results. My first post on AW so good luck to all.

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
I think the most agonizing part was the false hope that 282 was the golden ticket. Oh well the wait continues with hopefully promising results. My first post on AW so good luck to all.

Yeah, what was up with that? I thought someone confirmed from NPC that 282 was for sure the STA-21 results? I guess you can never know for sure...

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
MelJ I'm almost positive the message gets posted as soon as it is released and unless the CO is sitting at his desk, the BUPERS fiends on this page will find out before. It is those individuals who have not been introduced to this addiction they call the AW STA-21 Forum who will be notified by their CO. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Ok well I dislike being the bearer of bad new however, after doing some research on the classified sides, I have come to the conclusion that 282/08 IS NOT THE STA-21 Results. On the bright side 285/08 could infact be them but 282/08 is not what we are looking for.

How did you come to this conclusion? I am the one that called NPC and she told me 282/08 is in fact the STA21 results....unless you have more info then I have...if the 282 is the STA21 results then you and I both know there is no way for you to look up what 282 is on any side

smcampbell1

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Selectee--AE1--CSCWL
MelJ I'm almost positive the message gets posted as soon as it is released and unless the CO is sitting at his desk, the BUPERS fiends on this page will find out before. It is those individuals who have not been introduced to this addiction they call the AW STA-21 Forum who will be notified by their CO. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I BELIEVE that you're right... My NCCS told me that CO's and Career Counselors USED TO get a 48 hour early notification, but that's no longer the case.

The CO's may get notification in their "inbox" (whatever that is) a few hours early. But, BUPERS will probably be the way that most of us find out.

Stick

pilot
Last year the first place the message showed up was on NPC. I asked my CCC and he said the CO doesn't get advanced warning of who gets selected or not. They just sit by the computer and refresh the message screen on NPC just like you guys are doing.

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
BUPERS??? I've been going to NPC.navy.mil...am I checking the right place? I've also been logging into BOL to see my advancement/selection status. I heard that doesn't get updated for a while after the results come out though.

Stick

pilot
BUPERS??? I've been going to NPC.navy.mil...am I checking the right place? I've also been logging into BOL to see my advancement/selection status. I heard that doesn't get updated for a while after the results come out though.

Sorry, I messed that one up. It is NPC. BUPERS took a few days.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
All I apologize, I have been on NPC but looking in the bupers reference library under messages. Once again the main site is NPC, my error. I don't care if it's 282 or 286 as long as it comes out in the next few days.

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
Well, I was just looking at last year's results. I'm super nervous now because they only picked up 2 SWO/IPs. Does anyone know the quotas or anything like that for this year? I think last year was the first year for the SWO/IP option, so maybe the quota is higher this year. I also applied for core, so either one would be awesome...

SPYvsSPY

FY-09 STA-21 Intel Applicant
How did you come to this conclusion? I am the one that called NPC and she told me 282/08 is in fact the STA21 results....unless you have more info then I have...if the 282 is the STA21 results then you and I both know there is no way for you to look up what 282 is on any side

The email I originally recieved from NPC made it seem like it could be the annoucement. However in the email they said it was originally sent to the secure side and needed to be rerouted. So I went and checked and I saw a message (unclassified) that had NAVADMIN 282/08 within the message body (the only referenced document in the message). At first I thought the were just referencing the STA-21 results but upon reading the document further, the context had nothing to do with the STA-21 or any commisioning programs.

SPYvsSPY

FY-09 STA-21 Intel Applicant
Now, I am not gonna say I am 100% correct cause obviously things could pan out differently. But I would rather say let you all know what I found, so no one would get their hopes up if in fact I am correct about 282.