• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

C5IFTW

Well, I was just looking at last year's results. I'm super nervous now because they only picked up 2 SWO/IPs. Does anyone know the quotas or anything like that for this year? I think last year was the first year for the SWO/IP option, so maybe the quota is higher this year. I also applied for core, so either one would be awesome...

How do you know they only picked 2 SWO/IPs? I think this year there are goign to be alot more openings, at least that's what I hear from my IP officer compatriots. Though, I hope they have wide openings for SWO/IP... because if that were the case, that'd be one or more free slots for SWO and CORE that a perspective IP wouldn't take up.

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
How do you know they only picked 2 SWO/IPs? I think this year there are goign to be alot more openings, at least that's what I hear from my IP officer compatriots. Though, I hope they have wide openings for SWO/IP... because if that were the case, that'd be one or more free slots for SWO and CORE that a perspective IP wouldn't take up.

I counted how many were selected on the message, and they also had no alternates at all. I'm thinking that it's because it was their first year for SWO/IP. Hopefully this year opens up a lot. I'm thinking positive because when I called my detailer a few months back, they had an advertisement for the STA-21 SWO/IP option- like they were trying to get people into it. I'm hoping and praying that the results come out today or really soon. I'm going crazy here!

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Hottest news right off the press....I called a Senior Chief at my headquarters and asked if he could call and get a buddy hook up on when the results where coming out.....figuring he had a buddy that worked at NPC. He was told "by a very very reliable source" that the results are coming out Wednesday. Take it for what its worth but for me I am not holding my breath till tomorrow

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I was talking to my Dept. Head today and he said that message traffic is down right now probably due to the bad storms that we are having around the country today. Down here in Pensacola we've been having bad storms since around 0330 this morning. PSD can't even do anything down here because their systems are down as well. Hope they go back up before COB today.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
There are a total of 210 STA-21 slots. Now how many are for each options will probably not vary too much from last years numbers. If there are changes I would only expect 1 possibly 2 seats to increase. You have to remember that whenever they increase the number for a particular option... another option's numbers goes down. It's all based on the needs of the navy, supply and demand. The demand might be high for SWO/IP this year, but if it's not higher than nukes, or urls so to say, then seeing an increase in seats will pobably not happen. The only true way for more seats to be available it to increase the overall number of 210.
By the way.... I'm in the same boat. Applied for Medical Corps, only 2 selectees last year. I really hope for 2 to become 4 or 5 this year, but in all reality, it's probably not going to change. Sucks for people like us... should have enlisted as a nuke!

murph0307

FY-09 STA-21 Pilot Select!!
I'm happy with 210 slots. Last year I believe it was 189. For us Pilot applicants lets just hope there are as many slots as last year because they took alot. Don't get discouraged if there were not many selects in a certain community last year, check the prior year. From what I've seen, low one year high the next, kinda like advancement. Think positive.

C5IFTW

There are a total of 210 STA-21 slots. Now how many are for each options will probably not vary too much from last years numbers. If there are changes I would only expect 1 possibly 2 seats to increase. You have to remember that whenever they increase the number for a particular option... another option's numbers goes down. It's all based on the needs of the navy, supply and demand. The demand might be high for SWO/IP this year, but if it's not higher than nukes, or urls so to say, then seeing an increase in seats will pobably not happen. The only true way for more seats to be available it to increase the overall number of 210.
By the way.... I'm in the same boat. Applied for Medical Corps, only 2 selectees last year. I really hope for 2 to become 4 or 5 this year, but in all reality, it's probably not going to change. Sucks for people like us... should have enlisted as a nuke!

Good luck to you CMS, and all the others in your field. You never know... maybe there were only 2 applicants that applied this year ;) haha, talk about wishful thinking! :icon_tong Though, I'm praying that they increase the seats overall, I'd love to see more people make it into the program (including myself, lol).

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
Here is some info on selection from previous years:
It's hard to read because of the way it got posted. First number is from FY08, second number is FY07.

FY08, FY07
Core 48, 38
Pilot 40, 35
Nuke 40, 41
Nurse 16, 16
NFO 20, 30
SWO 20, 10
SWO/IP 2, --
Intel 4, 8
IW 4, 6
CEC 4, 5
SPEC WAR 4, 4
SPEC OP 4, 6
Supply 2, 1
Med 2, --
TOTAL 210, 200

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Holy cow! In FY03 they had 431 selectees?! I wonder why the numbers are significantly lower in the past few years...

May have something to do with the fact that the # of applications were less than half of what they used to be, pure speculation.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
weather looks grim for p'cola tomorrow, but improving as the day progresses. Lets hope a sparkle of sunshine peers through the clouds compelling those empowered to release the message.

FitNavy

Thunderstorm condition 2 until 1200 here in Pensacola. Although that shouldn't affect anything. We did have warnings of tornado activity this morning.

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
NPC is back up, but nothing on STA-21.
Didn't someone say that new messages usually come out between 1100-1600? Maybe today...