• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FY 24 IWC DCO Reserve Board

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
Has anyone gotten their results from the IWC Sept 23 boards, particularly IP?
Yes. On the FY23 IWC page people have been saying that results are out.

Hey so I’m applying for the upcoming board. Are my stats competitive enough to get selected? I want to get selected on my first look.

-DHS Federal Agent/field intelligence officer with my agency.
-prior service USAF (non Intel)
-Juris Master, GPA 3.7
-BA in Criminology (3.2)

Any advise for the interview?

Thanks!!

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
Hey so I’m applying for the upcoming board. Are my stats competitive enough to get selected? I want to get selected on my first look.

-DHS Federal Agent/field intelligence officer with my agency.
-prior service USAF (non Intel)
-Juris Master, GPA 3.7
-BA in Criminology (3.2)

Any advise for the interview?

Thanks!!
Are you looking to go Intel?

Couple of questions. Do you know what region you will be boarding with? How long have you been in that position with DHS? Is there a certain reason why you want to get picked up on your first look?

Rob0

Hi everyone,

I figured I'd post here to see if you had any suggestions on what I can improve or change to increase my chances for one of these Communities Reserve Cryptologic Warfare - 1815, Reserve Information Professional - 1825, or Reserve Maritime Cyber Warfare Officer - 1885

Degrees:
Associates in Science - Computer Programming - 3.1 GPA
Bachelors in Science - Cloud Computing - 3.0 GPA
Bachelors in Science - Cyber Security - 3.5 GPA(Graduating in 4 months)

You may wonder why I got a second bachelors instead of my masters. It was through a program for work. I plan to start my masters once I am done with my Cyber Security program.

Certifications:
Comptia A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CASP+
ISC2 CISSP, SSCP (Will have my CCSP soon).
LPI Linux Essentials
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
ITILv3, v4
PMI Agile Scrum

Work history:
12 years of technology related experience.
8 of the past years has been spent in leadership roles.
5 years of that was spent as product owner and manager for a cloud hosting service.

Not sure if volunteer experience is taken into account but I am a CAP senior member, volunteer cyber patriot coach, and IT volunteer for a local animal shelter.

LORs:
3 from previous directors or managers. One is an officer reservist but I assume that won't increase my changes.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Hi everyone,

I figured I'd post here to see if you had any suggestions on what I can improve or change to increase my chances for one of these Communities Reserve Cryptologic Warfare - 1815, Reserve Information Professional - 1825, or Reserve Maritime Cyber Warfare Officer - 1885

Degrees:
Associates in Science - Computer Programming - 3.1 GPA
Bachelors in Science - Cloud Computing - 3.0 GPA
Bachelors in Science - Cyber Security - 3.5 GPA(Graduating in 4 months)

You may wonder why I got a second bachelors instead of my masters. It was through a program for work. I plan to start my masters once I am done with my Cyber Security program.

Certifications:
Comptia A+, Network+, Security+, Cloud+, CASP+
ISC2 CISSP, SSCP (Will have my CCSP soon).
LPI Linux Essentials
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
ITILv3, v4
PMI Agile Scrum

Work history:
12 years of technology related experience.
8 of the past years has been spent in leadership roles.
5 years of that was spent as product owner and manager for a cloud hosting service.

Not sure if volunteer experience is taken into account but I am a CAP senior member, volunteer cyber patriot coach, and IT volunteer for a local animal shelter.

LORs:
3 from previous directors or managers. One is an officer reservist but I assume that won't increase my changes.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Based on these stats I feel you’d be a very competitive candidate. Strong 1825 w/CISSP & Cloud. Just make sure you flex that leadership background on paper and polish your presentation to the oral board. Good luck!

Note- a lot of strong talent on this board so use the search function where you can to dig up that info. Most of us are strong and willing to help where we can. Long process but worth the wait!!

RSAkimoto

Can anyone confirm the application due date for MCWO? I got the feedback the reserve board already occurred.
IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO/ MCWO) DCO BOARD
NRC Application Due Date
16-Feb-24
Convene
18-Mar-24
Reason
To pick FY24 quotas (2/2)

RSAkimoto

Thank you for the confirmation. Now, I need to convince my recruiter. Where could I direct them so they can verify the information?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for the confirmation. Now, I need to convince my recruiter. Where could I direct them so they can verify the information?
This document is put out by his commands parent command, if he can't figure it out you might be better off getting a new recruiter!

d0t1x

I completed the board for IP yesterday, in-person. During the second phase of the board with a CAPT, I was told that MCWO board (virtual) is later this week. Not too many available panels for an 1885, so the board had to be pushed on a different day…it’s a 1:1 informal board, so I was told. I suppose there will be another email sent for Teams meeting invite on Monday. Today is Day 2 of the board.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.