• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FY 24 IWC DCO Reserve Board

Hidden Panda

Willing to make things happen for us all.
I completed the board for IP yesterday, in-person. During the second phase of the board with a CAPT, I was told that MCWO board (virtual) is later this week. Not too many available panels for an 1885, so the board had to be pushed on a different day…it’s a 1:1 informal board, so I was told. I suppose there will be another email sent for Teams meeting invite on Monday. Today is Day 2 of the board.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.
Same, I completed my panel interview and OIC interview the same day virtual via teams January 12th. I applied for 1825/1815. I have a total of 14yrs experience with a TS/SCI. I am currently a Senior Technical Program Manager. I am hoping to be selected this upcoming board.

Last edited:
Hey so I’m applying for the upcoming board. Are my stats competitive enough to get selected? I want to get selected on my first look.

-DHS Federal Agent/field intelligence officer with my agency.
-prior service USAF (non Intel)
-Juris Master, GPA 3.7
-BA in Criminology (3.2)

Any advise for the interview?

Thanks!!
The academics are great. 2 more things: Experience and Leadership. If you have those, get good recommendation letters and do good on the interviews

Hidden Panda

The academics are great. 2 more things: Experience and Leadership. If you have those, get good recommendation letters and do good on the interviews
@johngonavy I agree. I was pretty solid my first try of the DCO process, being a project manager. But coming back as a senior program manager 3yrs later, really made me confident in what I have to offer the Navy. As for the recent interviews, it was easier for me to reflect on a selection of leadership events that answered the panel's questions.

Is there anyone here that is applying to 1825 DCO, and interviewed 1 on 1 with an IP Officer?
If so, please share your experience as I'm trying to prepare for my upcoming interview.

Hey! I just got my interview scores back. I got a 10, 10 and an 8. I’m still waiting on one more. I’m not sure if I’m still waiting on the OIC or what now.

My recruiter told me that they made “excellent comments” on my appraisals. Any one get their scores back from their recruiters?

Hidden Panda

Hey! I just got my interview scores back. I got a 10, 10 and an 8. I’m still waiting on one more. I’m not sure if I’m still waiting on the OIC or what now.

My recruiter told me that they made “excellent comments” on my appraisals. Any one get their scores back from their recruiters?
@Driven9260 when did you do your interviews? Were your scores sent directly to you or did your recruiter send them to you once they received them?

44gst8

Cutting it a little close to still be waiting on one more interview

Cutting it a little close to still be waiting on one more interview
I'm still waiting on my final interview with a 1825 designator. I've been told they aren't obligated to do those, so nailing one down is tough. My recruiter advised that I can get one a day before package submission. Not ideal but not surprising either from what I've experienced so far.

Congrats on your scores.
By chance did you interview with an IP - 1825?

Jack5900

Gearing up to start a 2nd application for Intel. Bachelors in finance and business analytics, masters of science in finance. Several years of (seasonal) experience of a project manager. Currently employed as a financial analyst at the federal reserve. My first round of interviews I received 10,10,9 and 8 from the OIC. The main criticism was lack of experience (I was class of 2022 and at the time did not have a masters degree). Long story short: what can I do to maximize my odds of selection this time around.

44gst8

Gearing up to start a 2nd application for Intel. Bachelors in finance and business analytics, masters of science in finance. Several years of (seasonal) experience of a project manager. Currently employed as a financial analyst at the federal reserve. My first round of interviews I received 10,10,9 and 8 from the OIC. The main criticism was lack of experience (I was class of 2022 and at the time did not have a masters degree). Long story short: what can I do to maximize my odds of selection this time around.
Do you have intel experience?

Jack5900

Do you have intel experience?
No experience in the Intel industry but definitely the skills required to do it. I have two degrees directly related to analysis and work as an analyst. Also familiar with a number of different softwares.