• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FY 24 IWC DCO Reserve Board

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
Greetings Everyone!

Starting a thread here for people who are applying for the IWC DCO boards for the remainder of FY24. Below are the dates of the boards

Good luck to everyone who is applying and reach out if you have questions!

Boards
IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO) DCO BOARD
NRC Application Due Date
14-Aug-23
Convene
18-Sep-23
Reason
To pick FY24 quotas (1/2)

IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO/ MCWO) DCO BOARD
NRC Application Due Date
16-Feb-24
Convene
18-Mar-24
Reason
To pick FY24 quotas (2/2)

IWC (INTEL/CW/IP/ OCEANO/ MCWO) DCO BOARD
NRC Application Due Date
12-Aug-24
Convene
16-Sep-24
Reason
To pick FY25 quotas (1/2)

Last edited:

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
MCWO 1885- gonna be interesting to see how this designator plays out. Very exciting to see them stand it up. Hats off the DON stakeholders
What is even crazier is that let are allowing brand new JOs who just got commissioned to redesignate to MCWO. CNIFR pushed it about a week ago.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
What is so crazy about this?
I believe what he means is that according to the OPNAV instruction 1120.3C [5.c (1)] we must be completely qualified first before re-designating. CNFIR apparently made a one-time exception to capture as much talent as possible during the first re-designation panel, and opened it up to freshly commissioned JOs. Not normal but I've seen crazier offerings back in my time as well.

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
I believe what he means is that according to the OPNAV instruction 1120.3C [5.c (1)] we must be completely qualified first before re-designating. CNFIR apparently made a one-time exception to capture as much talent as possible during the first re-designation panel, and opened it up to freshly commissioned JOs. Not normal but I've seen crazier offerings back in my time as well.
Thanks Kaldor! But yes this is what I meant by crazy. If they are opening it to JOs undesignated they need people

exNavyOffRec

Thanks Kaldor! But yes this is what I meant by crazy. If they are opening it to JOs undesignated they need people
This is something the USN does when they first create a new designator or rate, they did the same thing years ago when they created GSE/GSM, the first push they just try to get people to switch, then they start enforcing the requirements.

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
I must have missed this. Do you have a source? Thanks.
I got it sent to me from my NIFR REG which is DC. The exact email is below.

In an effort to capture as much desired talent as possible on the initial re-designation panel, CNIFR COM has authorized unqualified IW officers to apply for MCWO re-designation. This is a significant change – as CNIFR has previously turned unqualified junior officers away because they have not yet obtained their community and IWO qualifications. CNIFR is reaching out to those officers individually.

After the first MCWO re-designation panel CNIFR will resume the established policy requiring community/IWO qualification before seeking re-designation - so this is your one opportunity to submit a package prior to IWO qualification.

Still working to get the details on submission dates, but please let your unit or the NIFR Region (NIFR Readiness Center on 1OCT) staff know if you are interested in submitting a package.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I got it sent to me from my NIFR REG which is DC. The exact email is below.

In an effort to capture as much desired talent as possible on the initial re-designation panel, CNIFR COM has authorized unqualified IW officers to apply for MCWO re-designation. This is a significant change – as CNIFR has previously turned unqualified junior officers away because they have not yet obtained their community and IWO qualifications. CNIFR is reaching out to those officers individually.

After the first MCWO re-designation panel CNIFR will resume the established policy requiring community/IWO qualification before seeking re-designation - so this is your one opportunity to submit a package prior to IWO qualification.

Still working to get the details on submission dates, but please let your unit or the NIFR Region (NIFR Readiness Center on 1OCT) staff know if you are interested in submitting a package.
Cool thanks. I don't think it's really going to be an issue. I think 57 1815/1825 billets are converting anyway. I think its going to be really hard for a reservist to become an EA or ION though. Thats going to take some time.

number9

Contributor
Cool thanks. I don't think it's really going to be an issue. I think 57 1815/1825 billets are converting anyway. I think its going to be really hard for a reservist to become an EA or ION though. Thats going to take some time.
What is an EA or ION in this context?