• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FY 24 IWC DCO Reserve Board

44gst8

No experience in the Intel industry but definitely the skills required to do it. I have two degrees directly related to analysis and work as an analyst. Also familiar with a number of different softwares.
From what I understand, the boards desire those who have direct industry experience so you can essentially step into the role day 1 and understand what's going without needing specific training first. You may have the skills to be an intel analyst, but you may be more successful if you demonstrate your skills by gaining experience first in the intel industry and then giving DCO another shot after a couple years. Sorry to say, but active duty side may be a better fit for you if this doesn't work out

exNavyOffRec

No experience in the Intel industry but definitely the skills required to do it. I have two degrees directly related to analysis and work as an analyst. Also familiar with a number of different softwares.
The whole premise of DCO is that a person is brought in who already has experience in that field so there is minimal training needed. The general rule is about 5 years of experience in the field you are applying for. The other thing they look for is several years of leadership/management experience in a professional setting.

The 8 the OIC gave you is kind of an indicator you need more to be competitive, I know there have been some with 9's from the OIC's picked up, but often if you don't have a 10 it is a no go.

The whole premise of DCO is that a person is brought in who already has experience in that field so there is minimal training needed. The general rule is about 5 years of experience in the field you are applying for. The other thing they look for is several years of leadership/management experience in a professional setting.

The 8 the OIC gave you is kind of an indicator you need more to be competitive, I know there have been some with 9's from the OIC's picked up, but often if you don't have a 10 it is a no go.
So this is likely speculation….. in fact I know someone who got picked up for Intel that got 9s and an 8.

exNavyOffRec

So this is likely speculation….. in fact I know someone who got picked up for Intel that got 9s and an 8.
I doubt the 8 was the OIC as the board sees that and it is going to be an issue, a 9 happens sometimes but often accompanied by comments on the sheet that are glowing.

I can tell you that in over 3 years not 1 person who went for DCO via my office that had an OIC interview less than 10 was picked up, my lead processor who worked at 3 different recruiting districts over 10 year said the same thing which is why we were paying attention.

It was when application numbers started decreasing that you started seeing an occasional 9 OIC score get picked up.

Next Wed I will be at a career event where I know the recruiters will be there I can ask they think now, but when this came up 18 months ago and I asked the last guy he said 10's are competitive anything else isn't.

Jack5900

From what I understand, the boards desire those who have direct industry experience so you can essentially step into the role day 1 and understand what's going without needing specific training first. You may have the skills to be an intel analyst, but you may be more successful if you demonstrate your skills by gaining experience first in the intel industry and then giving DCO another shot after a couple years. Sorry to say, but active duty side may be a better fit for you if this doesn't work out
I appreciate the feedback. Truthfully, I’m just gonna keep applying and hope it eventually clicks. I’m 23 years old, I have about a decade until I’m no longer eligible to apply so
I doubt the 8 was the OIC as the board sees that and it is going to be an issue, a 9 happens sometimes but often accompanied by comments on the sheet that are glowing.

I can tell you that in over 3 years not 1 person who went for DCO via my office that had an OIC interview less than 10 was picked up, my lead processor who worked at 3 different recruiting districts over 10 year said the same thing which is why we were paying attention.

It was when application numbers started decreasing that you started seeing an occasional 9 OIC score get picked up.

Next Wed I will be at a career event where I know the recruiters will be there I can ask they think now, but when this came up 18 months ago and I asked the last guy he said 10's are competitive anything else isn't.
If you’d be willing to share the recruiter perspective I’d greatly appreciate with

d0t1x

Hey! I just got my interview scores back. I got a 10, 10 and an 8. I’m still waiting on one more. I’m not sure if I’m still waiting on the OIC or what now.

My recruiter told me that they made “excellent comments” on my appraisals. Any one get their scores back from their recruiters?

I didnt know interview scores come out sooner. I thought we dont find out until March 2024. When was your oral board?

GMOMA14

Good to hear. I got a 10 2 9’s and a 9 in the OIC interview. This is my third attempt. I wish everyone luck in the process.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Gearing up to start a 2nd application for Intel. Bachelors in finance and business analytics, masters of science in finance. Several years of (seasonal) experience of a project manager. Currently employed as a financial analyst at the federal reserve. My first round of interviews I received 10,10,9 and 8 from the OIC. The main criticism was lack of experience (I was class of 2022 and at the time did not have a masters degree). Long story short: what can I do to maximize my odds of selection this time around.
Ever thought about considering the DCO supply route?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I appreciate the feedback. Truthfully, I’m just gonna keep applying and hope it eventually clicks. I’m 23 years old, I have about a decade until I’m no longer eligible to apply so

If you’d be willing to share the recruiter perspective I’d greatly appreciate with

I would strongly suggest you consider active duty. Otherwise the lack of any work experience is going to sink you badly.

Jack5900

Ever thought about considering the DCO supply route?
It is something I’ve considered. I definitely have a supply resume but Intel interests me far more. I figure I’m young enough to try for it a few times and if it comes down to I can always just apply into supply in the future.

44gst8

It is something I’ve considered. I definitely have a supply resume but Intel interests me far more. I figure I’m young enough to try for it a few times and if it comes down to I can always just apply into supply in the future.
At some point, either the board or recruiter will ignore your application until you show some significant change. Of course, that's assuming you're not selected this round.

For those who know more about this, is it possible that the current recruiting crisis will change how the selection boards determine qualified applicants?

Hidden Panda

Willing to make things happen for us all.
At some point, either the board or recruiter will ignore your application until you show some significant change. Of course, that's assuming you're not selected this round.

For those who know more about this, is it possible that the current recruiting crisis will change how the selection boards determine qualified applicants?
Great question, I was curious about this also, not expecting a major change for officers due to such a high standard needed for leadership. However, expecting more wiggle room with the ability to recruit more than usual per designator.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
From what I’ve witnessed these last 2-3 years with DCO board results, the standard of requirements isn’t being relaxed at all, and rightfully so shouldn’t be. Just my observation

Hidden Panda

Willing to make things happen for us all.
From what I’ve witnessed these last 2-3 years with DCO board results, the standard of requirements isn’t being relaxed at all, and rightfully so shouldn’t be. Just my observation
Have you seen the board select more in the decision process in response to the recruiting crisis @44gst8 is referring to?

Jack5900

This time around I have 2nd degree and a full time job as an analyst. I’d like that I’ve certainly improved as an applicant, but I agree that there’s only so much more you can improve from application to application.