• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 23 IWC DCO Reserve Board

eclayj

Did not make it this time, recruiter said he supports another crack at it so I’ll go for the Feb board. Congrats to those selected and good luck to those who have yet to hear back

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
I can't speak for all, but I literally just got my comm., docs this week. Will be swearing in sometime in the next few weeks. I think most of us got bumped to the new fiscal year.
Yeah that falls in alignment with my info, I think yesterday your cycle was just released.

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
Congrats to all that are getting selected! If anyone has any questions about anything please let me know. I got selected last cycle and it was a process transferring from the enlisted side. But I am here to help in anyway I can.

To those who do not get selected please do not get discouraged. Use what you learned from the board and take it with you to try again.

Msbrackett1

IWC 1835 Mustang
That is normal, NRC over selects to ensure they meet commissioning goal for the FY and then they will push the others to the next FY
This is exactly what my recruiter told me today. He said this being the beginning of the FY, the selectees will receive docs sooner. He told me to expect commissioning docs within the next two to three weeks.

kaldor2c7

IWC CW Mustang
Congrats! Cryptos are a rare sight within DCO, you must be a top notch candidate.
Thank you. I'm not sure what makes a candidate "top notch", that's driven from the community needs I'm certain. But generally speaking....I think applicants need to focus on the whole picture of their package (all areas) and illustrate their strengths and how they align to the community "needs". To be honest here...by GPA was way below average and my interview scores were NOT 10s, but they were well written by the review panel. But my background is former NSW, engineering degree (Phd student at night), I work within the DON cyber world full time, my research is cyber physical systems, and my only Naval Officer recommendation was someone I served under while overseas when he was a JO, he's now flag. Rest were professors whom engage with my research. Again whole picture concept was my strategy.

ML2015

Sursum Ab Ordine
Thank you. I'm not sure what makes a candidate "top notch", that's driven from the community needs I'm certain. But generally speaking....I think applicants need to focus on the whole picture of their package (all areas) and illustrate their strengths and how they align to the community "needs". To be honest here...by GPA was way below average and my interview scores were NOT 10s, but they were well written by the review panel. But my background is former NSW, engineering degree (Phd student at night), I work within the DON cyber world full time, my research is cyber physical systems, and my only Naval Officer recommendation was someone I served under while overseas when he was a JO, he's now flag. Rest were professors whom engage with my research. Again whole picture concept was my strategy.
Thank approach really works! I 100% agree with you. Why should they pick you and Return on investment.