• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

MajorThom13

It could also be the "need" is being filled by contractors. The nice thing about contractors is if they don't need them anymore you just end the contract.
Pros and cons. Sure you can cut them loose when done, but I’ve been a defense contractor, and trust me, the defense contractors these days are a completely different breed than the patriots I served with. Most these days are non-citizens, with no clearances. If I were calling the shots I’d rather have citizens with clearances that have signed commitments, and if there is an overage or no more need train them in something else.
Guarantee there will never not be a need for cyber professionals. It only gets worse from here.

Ipdco

Does anyone know when the results for March 15, 2022 DCO IP Boards will be released? Has anyone ever been selected as an O2 or O3?

number9

Contributor
Does anyone know when the results for March 15, 2022 DCO IP Boards will be released? Has anyone ever been selected as an O2 or O3?
If it helps: I was September 2021 board, November notification, March 2022 commission.

DeeSmith

I know a few people who were selected as 02 and 03. It depends on your credentials and amount of experience.

nothanks1

For the September 2022 Board 30+ people applied for CW 1815, 7 people were selected. Of the 7, 5 got O2 and 2 got O1.

Not sure about IP though.

subreservist

Do a quick Google search for Navy cyber, Army cyber, Air Force cyber, etc, and high demand. You’ll find a lot of military articles with flag officers talking about how cyber is in high demand.
I helped the Space Force cyber mission last year, and they definitely need experienced cyber officers… as long as they are open to living in Los Angeles.
The Navy doesn't view cyber and information professional as equivalent.

There is a high demand for cyber, referred to as Cyber Warfare Engineer by the Navy and only available for active duty. Very few are qualified to apply, hence the demand.

Ipdco

Thank you all for your responses. My recruiter called me and I wasn’t on the list for both selected and non selected. I was informed that my packet wasn’t reviewed and pushed to the October boards.

subreservist

Thank you all for your responses. My recruiter called me and I wasn’t on the list for both selected and non selected. I was informed that my packet wasn’t reviewed and pushed to the October boards.
If your package was submitted but not reviewed, it normally means something was needed/missing. But it's also possible they reached the limit for how many applications they wanted for the board. Make sure to find out which it was for you.

Ipdco

If your package was submitted but not reviewed, it normally means something was needed/missing. But it's also possible they reached the limit for how many applications they wanted for the board. Make sure to find out which it was for you.
Thank you for the information! I’ll ask my recruiter on Monday.

IWC2021

lpdco - are you saying that your recruiter has received the select/non select list for the March 2022 board? If so that's new information to me at least.

subreservist

Yes! My recruiter called me yesterday morning.

Normally, the results of the Intel reserve board don't come out this fast and typically more folks would be chiming of their status if they were selected.

I'm thinking something is missing in your package and your recruiter was letting you know not to expect to hear anything from this board.

Ipdco

Normally, the results of the Intel reserve board don't come out this fast and typically more folks would be chiming of their status if they were selected.

I'm thinking something is missing in your package and your recruiter was letting you know not to expect to hear anything from this board.
Could be. He sent me a text saying that the results were back and that he didn’t see my name on either list. My recruiter seemed more upset than me. Both recruiters noted that my packet was completed. I’m okay with waiting. Best wishes to everyone.