• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

thanks.but

Correct that they have it red due to board date being closed for several, in the case of Oceano and IP they both have 0 listed for selections at next board both have negative number for remaining selects needed and both have attained/pro rec Y more than the accession goal. I would not expect any selects for those 2 designators, but they can do what they want and just ignore the problem or let another person deal with it.
Wow. 1815/1825 sounds really competitive over the next few boards then, right?

MajorThom13

everything should be getting ready to reset or open more spots, but those designators are always competitive.
Remaining optimistic for DCO IP 18250 myself.
Submitted a strong package and the command I interviewed with said my skill sets are urgently needed there.
From what I’ve read on here it seems the last few years selections are announced the first few weeks of April.

MajorThom13

I submitted package for 1835. Second time around. First time was fall of 2019. Decided to enlist as an IS in March 2020 to strengthen my package and start the 20 year clock. Good luck to everyone.
I think that will help considerably, having gone through boot camp already and having a military bearing.
Plus counting down the 20, and hopefully 30, is always a good plan.

CMR1984

I think that will help considerably, having gone through boot camp already and having a military bearing.
Plus counting down the 20, and hopefully 30, is always a good plan.
The officers I interviewed with loved it as it shows my commitment to the Navy. I’m 37 and my main goal was to serve. Didn’t want to wait on being accepted and miss my window to join. Plus I got some solid letters of recommendation from my CO and department head.

MajorThom13

The officers I interviewed with loved it as it shows my commitment to the Navy. I’m 37 and my main goal was to serve. Didn’t want to wait on being accepted and miss my window to join. Plus I got some solid letters of recommendation from my CO and department head.
Sounds like you’re on the right track.
37, you still have a good window.
I’ve heard straight from directors that people in their 50’s are coming straight in. I think the main consideration is your love for our country and what you bring to the table.

trakanon

Contributor
I submitted package for 1835. Second time around. First time was fall of 2019. Decided to enlist as an IS in March 2020 to strengthen my package and start the 20 year clock. Good luck to everyone.
That's great I'm in a similar situation I enlisted as an IT to strengthen my package in the future. Have you done a MOB yet? I believe a prior reserve candidate said it was a requirement before they could get their commission.

CMR1984

That's great I'm in a similar situation I enlisted as an IT to strengthen my package in the future. Have you done a MOB yet? I believe a prior reserve candidate said it was a requirement before they could get their commission.
I have not. Had to sign a page 13 that I will need to MOB before getting my commission. If I get selected I plan on volunteering for a MOB. Not a lot of options at the moment but hopefully some good stuff comes available

MajorThom13

Trying to make sense of the 22’ DCO dashboard. When it says it is closed to applicants till the next FY, does that mean new applicants or all applicants?
Was hoping to get commissioned into the IP community this year. And from what all the services are saying, information professionals are in extremely high demand, needed urgently. You’d think with that being in high demand and needed urgently there would be an abundance of slots open.

exNavyOffRec

Trying to make sense of the 22’ DCO dashboard. When it says it is closed to applicants till the next FY, does that mean new applicants or all applicants?
Was hoping to get commissioned into the IP community this year. And from what all the services are saying, information professionals are in extremely high demand, needed urgently. You’d think with that being in high demand and needed urgently there would be an abundance of slots open.
Closed can mean they have enough applicants or closed can mean they have no spots available, in this case the board select per goal for IP is "0"

Why do you feel there is a "high demand"?

MajorThom13

Closed can mean they have enough applicants or closed can mean they have no spots available, in this case the board select per goal for IP is "0"

Why do you feel there is a "high demand"?
Do a quick Google search for Navy cyber, Army cyber, Air Force cyber, etc, and high demand. You’ll find a lot of military articles with flag officers talking about how cyber is in high demand.
I helped the Space Force cyber mission last year, and they definitely need experienced cyber officers… as long as they are open to living in Los Angeles.

exNavyOffRec

Do a quick Google search for Navy cyber, Army cyber, Air Force cyber, etc, and high demand. You’ll find a lot of military articles with flag officers talking about how cyber is in high demand.
I helped the Space Force cyber mission last year, and they definitely need experienced cyber officers… as long as they are open to living in Los Angeles.
Those articles are most likely referring to active duty, and active duty spots have increased for the IWC but not by earth shaking numbers. You will find there is what is put out in the media and what is actually happening.

MajorThom13

Those articles are most likely referring to active duty, and active duty spots have increased for the IWC but not by earth shaking numbers. You will find there is what is put out in the media and what is actually happening.
I am starting to notice. Which is strange considering we’re in the middle of a very nasty, very bloody, cyber war.

exNavyOffRec

I am starting to notice. Which is strange considering we’re in the middle of a very nasty, very bloody, cyber war.
It could also be the "need" is being filled by contractors. The nice thing about contractors is if they don't need them anymore you just end the contract.