• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

number9

Contributor
Just got the high sign - I'm in (1835)! Thanks to everyone for all the support with getting interviews and polishing up the personal statement! It was my second time around and I don't think I'd have made without the advice I found on this forum!
Congrats! Now get ready to hurry up and wait... :)

I was not selected... I shall try again for the September board.
I'm sorry to hear you weren't selected. Let me know what I can do to help for the next board.

IWC2022

after not getting selected despite "superb package" I submitted.. I have a lingering question for the old timers here: is having an appraisal interview done by non-IOC (OIC?) selected officer a problem? I was connected to a Captain in an important position and received his appraisal.
My OR recommended to get appraisal only from the IOC-prepared panel next time.

number9

Contributor
after not getting selected despite "superb package" I submitted.. I have a lingering question for the old timers here: is having an appraisal interview done by non-IOC (OIC?) selected officer a problem? I was connected to a Captain in an important position and received his appraisal.
For which designators did you apply? I will wait for @exNavyOffRec and/or @FormerRecruitingGuru to give their opinion, but my first interview was definitely with an OIC.

Has your OR provided you with your interview scores?

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

It can question why you’re going outside of the SOP.

I would suggest talking to your OR and see what went wrong. It’s possible the interviewers did not give you great interview scores or a write up.

irizavrima

I was told that the 2021 September board posted. Have the March 2022 results for 1835 been released?? If anybody has a list I’d love to see it PM me.

exNavyOffRec

Think of it this way, the OIC interview is a way for the OIC that you will probably be working for to see what you are like. If you were trying to fill positions on your team but didn't get to meet or interview your future employees when all the other managers were able to how do you think it would go?

I would say your application was probably dead on arrival, or close to it.