• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

eeedoubleyou

I'm trying to make sense of the dashboard that @RhodesReese posted in the IWC Proboard thread. It seems that for OCEANO and IP there will be no selects this time nor in September as their allocations for the FY are exhausted. The Cryppies can pick a few this time but that seems to be it. Would it not make sense for Intel to take all 54 this time and then cancel the September board? Also, the number of Intel kits before the board is almost a factor of 3 higher than the limit (113 vs 41). Will all 113 be considered?
Is this a CAC-required dashboard? And can you link it here? (I can’t seem to find that thread)

exNavyOffRec

I'm trying to make sense of the dashboard that @RhodesReese posted in the IWC Proboard thread. It seems that for OCEANO and IP there will be no selects this time nor in September as their allocations for the FY are exhausted. The Cryppies can pick a few this time but that seems to be it. Would it not make sense for Intel to take all 54 this time and then cancel the September board? Also, the number of Intel kits before the board is almost a factor of 3 higher than the limit (113 vs 41). Will all 113 be considered?
I think you have found an old dashboard as there is no board in September board and Intel has 35 awaiting board with 25 max selects per board.

exNavyOffRec

For DCO? I see 35 waiting for 25 picks for 1830 if I'm reading this correctly. The dashboard is dated Feb 25.
Whoops! DCO's just have to commission by Sept 30th so the Sept board would really be for FY 23 selections. There are 2 numbers at play, what the USN needs to each year and what NRC wants to pro rec Y, the what NRC needs number is to account for those that don't commission and have some ready to go for the next FY.

It looks like all but 4 of FY 22 has been identified but it doesn't say exactly how many have been sworn in and how many are waiting to swear in.

They very well send all of those to board, anything that has a negative number for remaining selects needed will probably not have a board.

exNavyOffRec

So if I’m understanding you right, the upcoming board will have 4 1830 spots for 35 1830 applicants?
There is what they need to make FY 22 goal and what they need to meet NRC selection goal, 4 is needed to make shipping goal (if all selected up to this point move forward) but they need 54 over 2 boards to meet selection goal, so 27 out of 113 if they use all of the selections.

1646105749419.png

eeedoubleyou

There is what they need to make FY 22 goal and what they need to meet NRC selection goal, 4 is needed to make shipping goal (if all selected up to this point move forward) but they need 54 over 2 boards to meet selection goal, so 27 out of 113 if they use all of the selections.

View attachment 34583
Thanks for explaining that. Gonna press my luck here and ask - do you have access to this same info for 1815??

eeedoubleyou

@eeedoubleyou per the dashboard there are 4 slots remaining for 1815 to be divided among the March and September boards. So 2 slots now and 2 later (on average). The number of 1st and 2nd choice 1815 kits for those 2 slots currently is 24. You can see the dashboard posted on page 19 here: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/iwc-board-29-nov-21.48096/page-19
About the info on that dashboard - if the designator is in red does that mean the next board won't be held? Doesn't seem like that'd be the case since they've got spots to fill, but that's how the legend on the page makes it sound

exNavyOffRec

About the info on that dashboard - if the designator is in red does that mean the next board won't be held? Doesn't seem like that'd be the case since they've got spots to fill, but that's how the legend on the page makes it sound
red means either it is closed due to no quotas and there is no board or it is closed due to board date passed and they don't need to hold another board after the one they will be holding. If the remaining select number needed is negative then board probably won't be held.

eeedoubleyou

red means either it is closed due to no quotas and there is no board or it is closed due to board date passed and they don't need to hold another board after the one they will be holding. If the remaining select number needed is negative then board probably won't be held.
So there will be no IWC board on 18-MAR-2022?

gee_mu_nu

There ought to be a board coming up for 1835 and 1815 as there are slots available and kits waiting. But 1805 and 1815 seem to be full so, as @exNavyOffRec noted, we ought not expect any picks there. There might not be anything left for September which is what I was getting at in my first post above.

eeedoubleyou

There ought to be a board coming up for 1835 and 1815 as there are slots available and kits waiting. But 1805 and 1815 seem to be full so, as @exNavyOffRec noted, we ought not expect any picks there. There might not be anything left for September which is what I was getting at in my first post above.
Thanks. I appreciate the hand-holding

exNavyOffRec

I read it as there are no more applications accepted because of the dating of the excel document and the date of the board. Not necessarily no one will be picked up or the board is canceled.
Correct that they have it red due to board date being closed for several, in the case of Oceano and IP they both have 0 listed for selections at next board both have negative number for remaining selects needed and both have attained/pro rec Y more than the accession goal. I would not expect any selects for those 2 designators, but they can do what they want and just ignore the problem or let another person deal with it.