• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

adw06

Right now results are only being distributed through the applicant tracking system... which your recruiter can check and verify.

Some recruiters are "old school" and will wait for the selection list to come out to make official announcements.

Only reason I know is that I have a friend on this board... she got picked up for CW.
Are there instances where things change from the tracking system? My recruiter said i was selected but also stated it’s not “official” so I’m too afraid to celebrate lol

ah87

Are there instances where things change from the tracking system? My recruiter said i was selected but also stated it’s not “official” so I’m too afraid to celebrate lol
This is a great question, and one that I'm terrified of, too. I have told the people closest to me, but that's it. I'm so afraid of jinxing it and having it not be true. My recruiter called me on Monday 18 April to say congratulations, and I haven't heard from him since. I'm worried I'm going to get a "just kidding" phone call. After nearly two years of working at this, that call would be devastating.

ah87

Also, is there an official letter of acceptance that we get? An active duty friend of mine got selected two years back for the IPAP and he got a letter, but maybe that's just for people already serving or maybe it's just for that program? Or do letters go out for all selectees for every board and service? If there's a letter that's coming, I'll probably breathe easier when I get it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

I had one candidate go from a PROREC N to a YES within a day. Apparently there was two candidates with similar names and whoever updates the statuses… did the wrong names.

jrh0425

Also, is there an official letter of acceptance that we get? An active duty friend of mine got selected two years back for the IPAP and he got a letter, but maybe that's just for people already serving or maybe it's just for that program? Or do letters go out for all selectees for every board and service? If there's a letter that's coming, I'll probably breathe easier when I get it.
You can send a request for the Officer's Commissioning Certificate, form DD1, once you get commissioned.

ah87

I contacted my OR yesterday just to double check that my selection was official and he assured me it was. According to him, the list is already out, and he confirmed my selection in pridemod. Supposedly documents will start coming my way this week to complete. I hope whoever is still waiting to hear about their status gets word soon.

adw06

I contacted my OR yesterday just to double check that my selection was official and he assured me it was. According to him, the list is already out, and he confirmed my selection in pridemod. Supposedly documents will start coming my way this week to complete. I hope whoever is still waiting to hear about their status gets word soon.
This is reassuring! I have annoyed my recruiter for the past two weeks so I’m waiting for him to get back to me on things lol. Congratulations!

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
I had one candidate go from a PROREC N to a YES within a day. Apparently there was two candidates with similar names and whoever updates the statuses… did the wrong names.

Wow, imagine having that conversation .. PROREC Y to an N over a mistaken name.

BT

Gratz to all the new JOs, don't forget to return here and help out your potential shipmates from time to time!

I'd like to offer some timing context for everyone who is antsy. It's a long process, so be patient.

I was told I was selected PRO Y on APR, 2021, and I just found out TODAY (APR, 2022) that I'm now fully gained by my command. Over a year in between PRO Y and fully gained.

It can be a long process, so hang in there.

Last edited:

DiscoSpud

I just got the call from my recruiter that I was selected for 1835.

For any upcoming applicants curious about backgrounds of those selected:

* 4.5 years as an enlisted Army Infantryman with two OIF deployments, running our company intel cell during the second deployment

* 10+ years as an engineer in the defense research world (various EM spectrum processing, as well as AI/machine learning)

* 8 years enlisted Army Reserve as an All Source Intelligence Analyst supporting a COCOM, and was honor grad for my MOS school.

* Pre-Active Duty Bachelor of Science degree in computer science with a terrible 2.2 GPA

* Recent Master of Arts degree in strategic intelligence with a 4.0 GPA

* I don’t know my panel interview scores, but judging by my interviewers and my recruiter, I think it was all 10s

* Letters of recommendation from my commander (O4), civilian manager, and two other field grade officers I had worked with previously.

I have a terrible undergrad GPA, did not attend an Ivy League school, do not know a foreign language, and did not have letters of recommendation from well connected individuals/politicians.

I'd like to offer some timing context for everyone who is antsy. It's a long process, so be patient.

I was told I was selected PRO Y on APR, 2021, and I just found out TODAY (APR, 2022) that I'm now fully gained by my command. Over a year in between PRO Y and fully gained.

It can be a long process, so hang in there.
Non-prior, newly commissioned here...can you explain what that means to be fully gained? Did you drill before fully gained, go to ODS, and do the normal reserve stuff?

number9

Contributor
Non-prior, newly commissioned here...can you explain what that means to be fully gained? Did you drill before fully gained, go to ODS, and do the normal reserve stuff?
My understanding of the term "gained" is that it means, roughly, "being processed as a new Officer by your local NOSC". I don't think you can drill before you're gained. In fact I don't think you can do anything before you're gained.