• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
It can question why you’re going outside of the SOP.

I would suggest talking to your OR and see what went wrong. It’s possible the interviewers did not give you great interview scores or a write up.
Sometimes your package can be perfect but turns out to be a numbers game (10x more applicants than available billets) where perseverance is the name of the game to being selected. Just keep trying if this is something you really want @IWC2022

exNavyOffRec

Sometimes your package can be perfect but turns out to be a numbers game (10x more applicants than available billets) where perseverance is the name of the game to being selected. Just keep trying if this is something you really want @IWC2022
They now cap the number of applications that are to be seen by the board, so roughly each person has a 60-70% chance of selection, recently several designators have not even used their full allocation of selections that they can give out for each board.

Last edited:

CMR1984

I contacted OR today and no results yet. He said hopefully by the end of the week since others started getting their calls.

bryanteagle6

I remember when they would have like 240 ppl and select 50. The cap is good.

The sit and wait is hard and frustrating - I understand the anticipation. Your recruiter will call.
I'm not sure how the system could be tweeked so everyone is on the same page/timeline.

exNavyOffRec

I remember when they would have like 240 ppl and select 50. The cap is good.

The sit and wait is hard and frustrating - I understand the anticipation. Your recruiter will call.
I'm not sure how the system could be tweeked so everyone is on the same page/timeline.
The cap can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good for applicants in knowing they have a decent chance, it is bad for USN in that highly qualified applicants could get snapped up by other services while waiting for the next board because the cap was hit.

It can also send a signal to those not selected when a person has an application up for review and the board gives them a "N" and doesn't use all the selections they can.

irizavrima

The cap can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good for applicants in knowing they have a decent chance, it is bad for USN in that highly qualified applicants could get snapped up by other services while waiting for the next board because the cap was hit.

It can also send a signal to those not selected when a person has an application up for review and the board gives them a "N" and doesn't use all the selections they can.
Is there anyway to know if the board reviewed your packet? Like if you get a non red, could it mean it wasn’t reviewed or pushed to next board?

fy18dco

The select list does not get publicly disseminated. If you were selected, you most likely would have been told by now.

number9

Contributor
I don't know what days of the week that boards meet, but if it helps I found out I was selected at 6pm on a Friday... call your OR and ask.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Right now results are only being distributed through the applicant tracking system... which your recruiter can check and verify.

Some recruiters are "old school" and will wait for the selection list to come out to make official announcements.

Only reason I know is that I have a friend on this board... she got picked up for CW.