• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

number9

Contributor
How is everyone progressing? I had my first clearance interview last week and have another one next week. Other than that I haven't heard much; my OR is still hoping to commission me around January.

AAA74

Still waiting on final selection paperwork here. I already have a clearance. OR is hoping for Jan but who knows!

trakanon

Contributor
I decided to sign up as an enlisted reservist. I am in DEP shipping out to RTC in March but will be requesting to push it to May so that it's closer to the end of the school year. I'm looking at 9-12 months away there is no gap between RTC and A school. Super excited!

Best of luck

No word yet. OR told me in November to not expect to hear anything no earlier than 6-9 months. I did sign the RRA form last month.

Duffy31

Nothing yet. It took a buddy of mine about 6 months to commission after he was told he was selected. I already have a clearance as well so at least that's one last thing I need to worry about.

number9

Contributor
I decided to sign up as an enlisted reservist. I am in DEP shipping out to RTC in March but will be requesting to push it to May so that it's closer to the end of the school year. I'm looking at 9-12 months away there is no gap between RTC and A school. Super excited!

Best of luck
Congrats! And get ready to get called "Pops" or "Grandpa" by everyone at Great Lakes :D

NuocH2O

Best of luck
Best of luck to you! Just want to add that I've been seeing you on these threads for what's been probably a couple of years now, and your motivation to serve is inspiring despite the obstacles. Onwards and upwards!

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
The FY23 Reserve Officer Selection boards are now considering Below Zone for selection. For those of you that are newly commissioned and would like to promote past O3, you may want to consider getting your designator qualification and IWO soon. The Junior eligible for 1815 has a DOR of 1 MAY 20. Potentially this officer could have only 7 years TIS before pinning on LCDR.

eeedoubleyou

The FY23 Reserve Officer Selection boards are now considering Below Zone for selection. For those of you that are newly commissioned and would like to promote past O3, you may want to consider getting your designator qualification and IWO soon. The Junior eligible for 1815 has a DOR of 1 MAY 20. Potentially this officer could have only 7 years TIS before pinning on LCDR.
Hi devilbones. I wanted to try to gain some clarity on this post (it uses some terms I'm not familiar with as a previous-enlisted, currently-trying-to-commission person). Are you saying that this is a good opportunity to promote ahead of schedule? Or that we're under the gun to move quickly on quals or we risk not promoting? I'm not sure what "Below Zone" selection means, and I'm trying to understand if you're saying this is a good or bad thing for new officers. Thanks in advance.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Hi devilbones. I wanted to try to gain some clarity on this post (it uses some terms I'm not familiar with as a previous-enlisted, currently-trying-to-commission person). Are you saying that this is a good opportunity to promote ahead of schedule? Or that we're under the gun to move quickly on quals or we risk not promoting? I'm not sure what "Below Zone" selection means, and I'm trying to understand if you're saying this is a good or bad thing for new officers. Thanks in advance.
It means the board for FY23 is considering officers almost 2 years early for LCDR in some IWC Designators. Yes, it is a good opportunity to promote earlier than you could in the past.

eeedoubleyou

Hello All. I have a request and I thought this might be a good place to put it out there. One of the interviewers on my panel had to drop at the last minute and the regional center putting this together was unable to find a replacement. At first they were going to roll me, but I didn't want that because this is my second time applying already (went for AEDO last time and they only took 2). They agreed to let me be interviewed by the two-person panel provided that I get another interview (O-5 and up, 1835 Intel Officer (Reserve)) before my packet goes up. I just had the panel today and the packet is due by COB 1FEB.

Does anyone know or can point me in the direction of an O-5+ 1835 that'd be willing to do a video interview with me? There's a bottle of Scotch in it for you, but it'll have to be blended because anything over $25 is a bribe.

Thanks in advance,

Eric Wright

(Cross-posting under it's own heading on the main forum page to up the vis)

eeedoubleyou

Based on some info I just got, I don’t believe it has to be an 1835, because the checklist requires one and I’ve got that from the panel I attended Sunday.

nothanks1

Anyone know what the next steps are after signing the RRA? I signed that a couple weeks ago. Am I now just waiting on the final selection paperwork? Anyone else get their paperwork yet?