• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

ah87

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back at this point? In the absence of any further news, I'm going to assume I'm a non-select as well haha...

Fellow 1835 here, and I have yet to hear anything as well. I sent a message to my OR on Friday, but he hasn't responded. I honestly have no idea what to think at this point. I would assume that if he knew one way or another he would tell me, but I'm not sure how to interpret the silence. I'm just trying to focus on my day job and not dwell on it too much. That's proving easier said than done, though.

ah87

I finally got the call. I was not selected this round, unfortunately, but will be throwing my hat back in the ring for March. Luckily, I picked up a mentor along the way (one of the CDRs who sat for my appraisal board), so he'll be helping me with my packet this second time around. Hopefully, that will do the trick. ? The best of luck to you all who are still waiting, and congratulations to those who were selected!

Squirrel Girl

I am so excited for you! I’ve been reading some of your posts in the previous DCO threads, and I know this has been your goal for quite some time. A huge congrats!
Thank you so very much! It has been a long and bumpy road. I think it just shows the Navy does value perseverance, hard work, and honesty. My motivational statement did not shy away from the times where I failed, but also showed how I grew after these failures.

Duffy31

I finally got the call. I was not selected this round, unfortunately, but will be throwing my hat back in the ring for March. Luckily, I picked up a mentor along the way (one of the CDRs who sat for my appraisal board), so he'll be helping me with my packet this second time around. Hopefully, that will do the trick. ? The best of luck to you all who are still waiting, and congratulations to those who were selected!
Stick with it, it took me about 9 years total to finally get here. The majority of that time was spent making myself more competitive by furthering my education and getting to the career I'm at today. I didn't like missing the last board, but the time flew getting here to this most recent one. Maybe you can add something new in that time that will help your packet. I picked up Rosetta Stone and started learning Russian in my spare time. Thinking of the next board was pretty motivating...

jrh0425

For the 1825 selects, send me a PM and I can get you the information for our LinkedIn group. This is our comms with the the IP community leadership to keep them updated on our progress in commissioning and getting gained by NOSC.

jzz001

For the 1825 selects, send me a PM and I can get you the information for our LinkedIn group. This is our comms with the the IP community leadership to keep them updated on our progress in commissioning and getting gained by NOSC.

Just curious, how long does it usually take to get commissioned and gained by NOSC? A few months from the time of initial selection (ProRec-Y), right? Additionally, for ODS, the one year clock starts running from the time you get officially commissioned, and not starting from the time of initial selection (ProRec-Y), correct?

jrh0425

Just curious, how long does it usually take to get commissioned and gained by NOSC? A few months from the time of initial selection (ProRec-Y), right? Additionally, for ODS, the one year clock starts running from the time you get officially commissioned, and not starting from the time of initial selection (ProRec-Y), correct?

Well, I am still waiting to commission so for me it's 7 months and counting. There was one person who got commissioned within 3 weeks and completed ODS in September. I believe the clock starts on training (ODS and schools) once you commission.

Any 1815 groups out there for comms?