• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

das

Contributor
The results are out and Navy Recruiting Districts should have access to the Results Letter.

barlowdt

I was just informed I was selected for intel! Long time lurker here...ya'll have been great and I've appreciated the knowledge gained here even if I hadn't spoken up. Because people like stats, here are mine:

28/F
6 years as a Korean Linguist in the US army (2 deployments to Iraq...yeah, don't ask)
BA. in International Relations and Political Science (3.98 GPA)
Phi Beta Kappa
3 years college Arabic.
Currently pursuing a B.S in IT - Security...I have CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, CCNA...and a couple of others as far as certs go.
References were two college professors and my supervisor.
No volunteering...

I'm super excited to say the least....good luck to all you one the second time around!

teeroy68

I was just informed I was selected for intel! Long time lurker here...ya'll have been great and I've appreciated the knowledge gained here even if I hadn't spoken up. Because people like stats, here are mine:

28/F
6 years as a Korean Linguist in the US army (2 deployments to Iraq...yeah, don't ask)
Phi Beta Kappa
3 years college Arabic.
Currently pursuing a B.S in IT - Security...I have CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, CCNA...and a couple of others as far as certs go.
No volunteering...

I'm super excited to say the least....good luck to all you one the second time around!
Congrats!!!!! Was this your first time?

RaginCajun

28/F
Phi Beta Kappa
3 years college Arabic.
No volunteering...

Congratulations!

barlowdt

Congrats!!!!! Was this your first time?

Thanks!! I'm still shaking, I'm so excited....

Yep! Hahah - I actually had applied (and got selected) for Surface Warfare (active duty Navy) in 2010...but because of a surplus of ROTC SWO candidates I essentially got bumped out. So I decided to pursue a civilian career (currently IT with the Air Force) while still going for my dream as an officer in the Navy - only this time reserves and guaranteed Intel.

Edited to add: Just looked at my "member since" date...see? loooooong time lurker here!

teeroy68

Yep! Hahah - I actually had applied (and got selected) for Surface Warfare (active duty Navy) in 2010...but because of a surplus of ROTC SWO candidates I essentially got bumped out. So I decided to pursue a civilian career (currently IT with the Air Force) while still going for my dream as an officer in the Navy - only this time reserves and guaranteed Intel.
Awesome.....well I will try again next time and tweak my references to include an O-7. Again congrats!

kitchen6

Your stats are SO similar to mine
28/f
6 yrs Army Russian Linguist
B.S. Political Science (3.466 gpa)
M.S. Intelligence Management (3.6 gpa)- will graduate in November..
Pi Gamma Mu
Phi Theta Kappa
etc.
I have a master's in progress, but no deployments.. You have SO increased my hopes!

Messiah62

Ill get more recommendation letters, be further along in my Masters Degree (Cyber Security), more certifications, and I should be promoted to Staff Sergeant in the Air National Guard by then.