• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

bryanteagle6

weird, that's what I was told we are waiting for - but I also thought that was odd since I know it could take upwards of a year or two for a clearance.

That might be the verbage they used but the only thing that needs to "come through" is confirmation that you are clear for an open/active clearance investigation to be started. (Ppl could fail the pre-screen in theory)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Your SSBI for TS/SCI can take up to and over a year to adjudicate. My last PR took 1.5 years from start to finish and I’ve had a clearance for well over 10 years.

OPM is digging deeper and is much more thorough than they once were. On my last PR I was asked some stuff that happened 15 years ago.

Exercise some patience.

Last edited:

Trapt

Spoke with my office - they were expecting the FINSEL to come through today or tomorrow, and the COMDOCS about a week after that. I'm likely going to be commissioning at the same time that my oldest brother pins on Major in the USMC just after the New Year. Planning on having the new Major administer the oath, while our middle brother (ENS in the USN Medical Corps) reads the commissioning document.

My COMDOCs are in an my commissioning is set for the first week of January. That date being so far out is purely my choice and is no delay by the process.

My retired Master Chief father insisted my first salute better be in uniform so I have SDBs ready to go. I hope I’ll pass his inspection :)

Ceremony was last week. Awesome to have my mentor fly in to administer the oath, and my dad give me my first salute.

For anyone that reads this later on and is thinking about whether or not to do it, my vote is yes. It was great to gather with folks and thank them for being instrumental in the my growth to enable the commissioning. Plus buy them food and drinks afterwards. ?

BT BT

My CoC has been emailing me for two months and I never received the emails since they were going to my now defunct civilian NMCI address. How embarrassing for me. CO was understanding when I explained the situation. Hoping to drill next month.

trakanon

Contributor
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. I started the process this year for IWC/IP. Waiting to do my MEPS soon hopefully everything goes alright. My recruiter has told me the next board is March but there is a good chance I won't have everything ready on time. Aiming for August board. I am also studying for the OAR.

trakanon

Contributor
I told my recruiter I was willing to go active duty and was invited to take the OAR but i told him I would like to prepare myself first since I haven't taken a college math course in 12 years. i understand i would instead go to OCS at the point if selected. I'm not sure how that works since i submitted my initial forms for ODS.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Hello all,

First off - What a great resource this site has proven to be, thank you everyone who takes the time to post etc! I've lurked for awhile and decided to post to possibly offer any insight specifically from a prior service current DoD civilian point of view.

The package itself has been pretty straight forward, even with a clearance expect to complete NASIS (and dig up old addresses). I was able to complete my physical locally at the NHBC - it was way better then how I remember MEPS being so I would suggest it to anyone who has access (aka CAC card I did at as a GS, not contractor). To start the entire process I went to PFA and had the service care coordinator setup my actual physical once my PRE-LIMS were completed which included:

*Dental
*Labs (and UA)
*Immunizations
*EKG
*Vision

Once that was done I setup my physical and completed it today.

My primary issue is (and always has been) weight, height, waist. I'm one of those guys who has never met the DoD 1308.3 standards and has waivered my way in. I have no problem exceeding the PRT requirements, I'm just a wide big guy. Can anyone speak to the type of waivers the Navy has? The Air Force accepted 3rd party testing (caliber skin test) for the 20% or lower BF reqs. If nothing exists I'll just keep running 4-5 miles 6 days a week and dieting to keep cutting and if I make it by cutoff I make it - otherwise I have until the next boards in SEP.

For anyone interested I believe the cut off to submit is 14 FEB, and interviews may stop any day now so you need to get them done asap. The interviews for me at least will be two via telecon and one in person with the local NOSC CO (or so I've been told).

If I don't get them in time - I'll be definitely submitting for the SEP boards.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
Can anyone speak to the type of waivers the Navy has?
I dont know anyone that went through DCO that was granted a waiver for height/weight or tape test. That was done on like the second day. I am not saying there isnt a waiver process for it, but I have never heard of anyone being granted one. AFAIK my recruiter wasn't accepting applicants that were over. How far off are you? I think it might be easier for you to get below that threshold than it would for the waiver. YMMV. Good luck and keep us posted on your process.

CheckCharlie

Ceremony was last week. Awesome to have my mentor fly in to administer the oath, and my dad give me my first salute...
That's great to have a strong support group. Really! Good luck.

I drove to recruiting office, stood in front of flag, took the oath, then got back in my car and went back to work.
? I'm still waiting on the Pro Board results, but I can see myself having an identical commissioning experience.