• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

Hair Warrior

Contributor
it’s been almost 10 years since I went to NIOBC but I don’t recall learning any non essential stuff.
Did you guys PT, run PRT, do FITREPs/counseling, do PHA/dental, or hold any collateral duties while you were down there? If so, that’s what they cut.

They also abridged a lot of modules, e.g. one in particular that I won’t name here (but I can DM you) went from 10 days to 1.5 days, but we still covered it.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
but this 5 week one seems like a good idea and going in the right direction. Don’t see why anyone would waiver out of 5 weeks. That’s nothin.
The training requirements are becoming less appealing for Reservists and I feel some folks are trying to waive where they can.

Newly commissioned DCO's do 6 weeks of ODS followed by whatever school they have to do. It's a lot of time away from your civilian job and many civilian employers do not pay you while on orders, while others do differential and others full pay.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Results for the most recent boards are out, or at least coming out...

Just got word I was picked for my secondary designator. I'm thrilled and really can't express how much I appreciate the information that was here that helped me get my package in on time.

I hope everyone gets as good of a call as I did from my recruiter, and for those who don't I've been told (and have read) numerous times that tenacity is key.

I've got some more calls and emails to send but wanted to be sure and post here.

a_dub

"flank" speed
Selected as well. This was my 2nd attempt for this designator, a few other attempts at another. Congrats to those who were also selected, if not, I know your pain, get back in there next board and keep the press on. My understanding is that phone calls from higher ups are hitting recruiters, no official msg traffic yet.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Congrats all. Here are the upcoming ODS dates.

Keep in mind that it will take weeks or months before you get your commissioning documents and are sworn in, as well as have all of this information propagated to the various systems so you show up in DEERS and NSIPS which are required for your CAC card and various other.

I'm not sure if things have changed, but for me, back in 2009 when I was selected, it took 4 months from notification of selection to the time I obtained my CAC card.

Last edited:

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Good gouge to have on-hand, its always a mystery on how things will "flow" through the various systems. Since I'm already in DEERS I wonder how long the process will take.

Side question for you bubblehead ..

After that 4 month wait time did you go ahead and square away your uniform? If so did you also get your dress uniform prior to or after ODS? In fact does ODS have an initial issue or are we solely on the hook? I understand no uniform allowance, unsure if were also subject to initial issue or not.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I’m not bubble but I have some answers for you:

. You can and should buy 1 set of khakis, 1 set of NWU type IIIs, and 1-2 sets of PTUs prior to ODS. You will have at least NOSC indoc plus a couple DWEs before ODS. You can use your officer oath paperwork (before you get a CAC) to get on base and buy uniforms.

. You get a one time $400 uniform allowance, after completing a certain minimum number of active and inactive days/drills. ODS satisfies it. You have to submit paperwork to get it from DFAS.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
You get a one time $400 uniform allowance, after completing a certain minimum number of active and inactive days/drills. ODS satisfies it. You have to submit paperwork to get it from DFAS.
I submitted this 3 times and still have never received it. Can anyone confirm they actually got it?

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
I’m not bubble but I have some answers for you:

. You can and should buy 1 set of khakis, 1 set of NWU type IIIs, and 1-2 sets of PTUs prior to ODS. You will have at least NOSC indoc plus a couple DWEs before ODS. You can use your officer oath paperwork (before you get a CAC) to get on base and buy uniforms.

Perfect thank you!

snake020

Contributor
If someone posts a copy of or a link to the board results I can give more feedback about some observations and recommendations for those not selected.

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
I submitted this 3 times and still have never received it. Can anyone confirm they actually got it?

I got the money - but it wasn't quick. Waited months. I'd ping your NOSC and just ask about it as a follow up.

I got the forms to request the stuff from ODS too - I don't have blanks but I'd send you what I have if you think it would help.

Just ping me and I'll give you my navy.mil if you want the forms I used.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
I got the money - but it wasn't quick. Waited months. I'd ping your NOSC and just ask about it as a follow up.

I got the forms to request the stuff from ODS too - I don't have blanks but I'd send you what I have if you think it would help.

Just ping me and I'll give you my navy.mil if you want the forms I used.
I have the forms and submitted them. I was checking to see if anyone actually received payment. I guess I should follow up. Thanks.

Hotrod91

Results for the most recent boards are out, or at least coming out...

Just got word I was picked for my secondary designator. I'm thrilled and really can't express how much I appreciate the information that was here that helped me get my package in on time.

I hope everyone gets as good of a call as I did from my recruiter, and for those who don't I've been told (and have read) numerous times that tenacity is key.

I've got some more calls and emails to send but wanted to be sure and post here.
Congrats! What was your second designator?