• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

nodropinufaka

I mean yea- I think the best way forward is everyone goes to active duty NIOBC.

NIOBC isn’t easy by any means. And it’s a rough six month school

But reservists should have some kind of standards. Even if useless- waiving it wont look good to active duty counterparts.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I mean yea- I think the best way forward is everyone goes to active duty NIOBC.

NIOBC isn’t easy by any means. And it’s a rough six month school

But reservists should have some kind of standards. Even if useless- waiving it wont look good to active duty counterparts.
Active Duty NIOBC would be acceptable. The Reserve version that I went through was 18 months of monthly drill weekends viewing CBT's.

nodropinufaka

Active Duty NIOBC would be acceptable. The Reserve version that I went through was 18 months of monthly drill weekends viewing CBT's.

I mean people are already complaining about reserve training so I’d think this would be very hard to convince them to attend a rigorous 5-6 month school in va beach.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
We are already doing it in the IP community. New accessions attend ODS (6 weeks) in year 1 followed by the active duty IP Basic school (~140 days and a PCS move) in year 2.

I know we are undermanned at the O4 level but do not know if the new training requirements are the cause.

snake020

Contributor
We are already doing it in the IP community. New accessions attend ODS (6 weeks) in year 1 followed by the active duty IP Basic school (~140 days and a PCS move) in year 2.

I know we are undermanned at the O4 level but do not know if the new training requirements are the cause.
The biggest problem is the royal screw job from the entitlements. Under no circumstances should a reservist have to PCS for an accession school. We had one IP accession throw in the towel from my last unit after a year and choose to separate.

nodropinufaka

The biggest problem is the royal screw job from the entitlements. Under no circumstances should a reservist have to PCS for an accession school. We had one IP accession throw in the towel from my last unit after a year and choose to separate.

Do you think people would prefer TDY entitlements instead and staying in the lodge?

if you PCS do you still get entitlements where your family is?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Do you think people would prefer TDY entitlements instead and staying in the lodge?
if you PCS do you still get entitlements where your family is?
Reservists should be going on ADSW. The difference in entitlements is staggering. For Reservists, PCS only comes in to play after 180 days. The IP school is ~140 days.

The Reserve wants it both ways: they want people to attend the active duty school but are too cheap to foot the bill. I'm looking forward to the continued manning shortfalls and them asking "why".

Fortunately or unfortunately, the drop in accessions and exit of IP's due to the school requirement, is and will only making promotions better for those of us already in. Sad reality. The next O4 board is going to be a 100% selection rate if I had to guess. We are currently undermanned at the O4 level and are short about 13 O4 IP's people. That's why they are offering me a $10k bonus to come back to SELRES from the VTU.

I suspect this will continue for O4 and O5, and eventually O6.

snake020

Contributor
Reservists should be going on ADSW. The difference in entitlements is staggering. For Reservists, PCS only comes in to play after 180 days. The IP school is ~140 days.

The Reserve wants it both ways: they want people to attend the active duty school but are too cheap to foot the bill. I'm looking forward to the continued manning shortfalls and them asking "why".

Fortunately or unfortunately, the drop in accessions and exit of IP's due to the school requirement, is and will only making promotions better for those of us already in. Sad reality. The next O4 board is going to be a 100% selection rate if I had to guess. We are currently undermanned at the O4 level and are short about 13 O4 IP's people. That's why they are offering me a $10k bonus to come back to SELRES from the VTU.

I suspect this will continue for O4 and O5, and eventually O6.
IP targeted an 83% select rate for this year's O5 board. Only stat crazier in the IWC was a 93% select rate at the active duty O6 board for CW.

nodropinufaka

Funny thing was I asked to transfer to IP and they said I was too close to LCDR to do it.

plus I’m already a qualified 1835.

Doesn’t really surprise me jus kind of doesn’t make sense. They’re undermanned and I asked to go and they said no.

snake020

Contributor
Funny thing was I asked to transfer to IP and they said I was too close to LCDR to do it.

Doesn’t really surprise me jus kind of doesn’t make sense. They’re undermanned and I asked to go and they said no.

Who is "they?" I was approved to redesignate to IP with two years TIG as a LCDR.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor

I was a qualified 1835 when I moved to 1825 and had my IDWO. The package is easy to put together and route.

Before you drop the package, you have check the manning with the PERS Reserve OCM for both 1835 and 1825.

If 1835 is undermanned at your rank, you are not going anywhere. If 1825 is overmanned at your rank, same thing.

For your current rank, 1835 has to be overmanned and 1825 has to be undermanned. I can give you my package or help you put one together, as well as to give you the name of the lady at PERS that has the manning.

nodropinufaka

I was a qualified 1835 when I moved to 1825 and had my IDWO. The package is easy to put together and route.

Before you drop the package, you have check the manning with the PERS Reserve OCM for both 1835 and 1825.

If 1835 is undermanned at your rank, you are not going anywhere. If 1825 is overmanned at your rank, same thing.

For your current rank, 1835 has to be overmanned and 1825 has to be undermanned. I can give you my package or help you put one together, as well as to give you the name of the lady at PERS that has the manning.

I spoke to Community manager.

I was too close to LCDR to apply.

I don’t know my zone projection but I guess you have to be a LCDR first before transferring

snake020

Contributor
I spoke to Community manager.

I was too close to LCDR to apply.

I don’t know my zone projection but I guess you have to be a LCDR first before transferring

Ok, that may be legit. I ran into similar problems as a LT as my year group was overmanned for a while. A couple years and a promotion later the tune flipped, so if it's something you're serious about keep dropping packages. It took me nine years of trying (and a transition from active to reserve) to redesignate.