• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

Bchris27

If anyone is currently serving as an OR, can you PM me. I have a question concerning board dates and results and do not get a lot of info from mine whenever I message him. Thanks.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
As bubblehead said I would definitely reach out to your recruiters now, especially considering other applicants are getting word. It would be a different story if no one was hearing results but this is a different circumstance.

I can confirm that my recruiter reached out to me and said his CO informed him a few minutes prior on Tuesday (19 May). I had no communications with him from Feb until that point.

For anyone else (and this info is available in other threads) I was told my commissioning paperwork would be generated and flow down, they'd find a command to take me on, and if I had an officer I'd like to do the actual commissioning oath I could. I'll save any pomp and circumstance for ODS graduation personally as I'm ready to get to work.

I'll also update back once I've hit the point that I'm in DEERS w/ a second CAC etc and heading to INDOC. I posted in this thread earlier from the perspective of someone who already had access to base services (such as going to the local NHBC vice MEPS). I'll continue to do so for anyone who's a current DoD civ armed with a CAC PIV.
Having current DOD affiliation (CAC/Dependent ID) is so helpful in getting the ball rolling. You're able to do a lot more for yourself, instead of waiting for documents to be generated, and trying to convince folks that 'you are who you say you are'...

camden76

Just got off the phone with OR and was informed I was selected for 1835. Relieved the waiting is over (for now).

Although I've primarily been a lurker, this forum has been a great resource in navigating this whole process.

I'm a non-prior for anyone who is curious.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Congrats! Welcome to the (FINSEL/COMDOCS) waiting room. Please have a seat and someone will be with you shortly...

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    203.6 KB · Views: 4

Nwsmit2603

Just got off the phone with OR and was informed I was selected for 1835. Relieved the waiting is over (for now).

Although I've primarily been a lurker, this forum has been a great resource in navigating this whole process.

Congrats! Welcome to the (FINSEL/COMDOCS) waiting room. Please have a seat and someone will be with you shortly...
Im guessing no word by this point is not a good thing? Congratulations though.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified

Congrats shipmate, you thought the wait was long before? Apparently we can expect an even longer wait now!

Im guessing no word by this point is not a good thing? Congratulations though.

The best you can do it reach out to your OR, or see if someone here has access to the select list and if you pm them your name.. they'll check. I can't vouch for anyone willing to do that obviously it would be their call.

Even if non-select you'll hear it a hundred times on here and every interview going forward ... first-round select is not the norm, most keep trying 2, 3 or more times. Folks who want in, find a way to get in eventually.

OmoOba

Congrats

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
General knowledge and FYI to any selects my current timeline post selection so far:

May 19th - Notification of selection
May 29th - Welcome letter from OIC - letter detailing NOSC/Unit assignment and provided contact list (CO/XO etc)
June 2nd (today) - Accomplished RRA (NAVPERS 1200/1) and submitted to OR.

Wondering if my COMDOCs are back already considering I am already being assigned to a unit.

I've read through some similar timelines and I've noticed some folks went to MEPS for a physical post selection, I don't think I will need to as mine was accomplished in late Jan, but will standby to see.

Will post back as things proceed - interested to see how others are coming along as well.

camden76

I'm just a few days behind you. I got my welcome letter yesterday. So hopefully I can expect some documentation to come through via my OR.

OmoOba

I'm yet to receive welcome letter from OIC.
May 19 - Selection notification
May 20 - RRA and NRO Service Agreement submitted back to OR and sent up.

a_dub

"flank" speed
Been a bit since we've had updates, my docs are in and I'm commissioning this weekend. Thanks to COVID our drills will be virtual so mostly a non-event, just the oath and sign, with a cold drink of course. Hopefully ya'll are not far behind.

trakanon

Contributor
Congrats. I'm still patiently waiting for my MEPS appointment in Miami. My OR has asked me to do the form twice once it was incorrect and rejected by MEPS (March 2020) and the 2nd they requested an updated form (June 2020). I've been waiting for this appointment since February 2020.

OmoOba

My oath approved about a month ago, but patiently waiting on DD368 conditional release to be endorsed by my nosc and sent to PERS.

camden76

huh. I guess I should reach out to my OR. Have not heard any thing since June 9.

guess in the meantime I'll hurry up and wait.

a_dub

"flank" speed
My oath approved about a month ago, but patiently waiting on DD368 conditional release to be endorsed by my nosc and sent to PERS.
If that is all you're waiting on, I'd be calling or stopping by the NOSC. After I found out the release was sitting on a YN2's desk for over a week, I started coming back weekly, on first visit it moved up to YNC, and sat for a week and change, before I was able to get the ADMIN O to get it moving. With the work from home going on now, which seems to be, just go home and forget about work, the admin dept has failed to modify any routing practices with current events, so with personnel being a week on and week off, I learned it'll just sit until the following week until the next person returns, and hopefully they get it done, if not, repeat...Good luck.