• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

OmoOba

Received a call today also, SELECTED!! What a good feeling and a long time coming. 'Still like a dream!! Thank you all out here, especially the Vets for the gouge, and the non-Vets for all those questions. Congrats to all those selected, and to those that are yet to make the selection, please don't quit, keep at it and keep in control those factors in your purview to improve and hit it hard again. When you get frustrated and you want to quit, that's the time you want to hit it harder and give it all you got. Once again, BZ to all selected!!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Congrats to everyone and to the IP's who were brought in as O2's.

Irritating to see that many were not considered because their packages were not complete.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Congrats! What was your second designator?

IP (1825) - I went with the safe route of applying for all three desginators. All my interviewers (and gouge here) suggested they'd put you in the best possible fit. IP makes total sense as I majored in IT Management and I have a lot of experience with complex networking and programming.

AMGunner

Congrats to everyone and to the IP's who were brought in as O2's.

Irritating to see that many were not considered because their packages were not complete.

I was just thinking about any issues with coming in as O-2
  1. JG year one - ODS
  2. JG year two - IPBC
  3. LT year one - IP Basic Qual - Offramp from IAP
  4. LT Year two - IWO - On ramp into hard billet.

Seems to me that unless you are a prior, if you set two LT's next to one another one who came in as O-2 and one who came in as O-1 with the O-1 having two years of head start learning the machine and networking the one who came in as JG has a tougher hill to climb...yes/no?

AMGunner

IP (1825) - I went with the safe route of applying for all three desginators. All my interviewers (and gouge here) suggested they'd put you in the best possible fit. IP makes total sense as I majored in IT Management and I have a lot of experience with complex networking and programming.

Welcome to the community, there is an ADHOC Reserve IP knowledge base under construction on Milsuite that will save you alot of time in the future. Once you have a CAC send me a PM and I will send you the link

Hair Warrior

Contributor
the one who came in as JG has a tougher hill to climb...yes/no?
The one who came in at JG will have a shorter "run time" before their O4 look, equivalent to about one fewer operational billet that is two years long.

This may not matter, however, if one or more of the following are true:
  • If IP is still undermanned at O4, 7 years from now
  • If many SELRES IP JOs decide to leave SELRES at/before their O4 look
  • If the SELRES falls short of its retention goals for keeping IP JOs who are coming off active duty, leading to undermanning
  • If the needs of the Navy change dramatically

Bchris27

Congrats all of you that made it. My recruiter missed getting me in this one (due to some paperwork issues from a prior board), but hopefully if IWC results are coming out, the NAVAIR results shouldn't be too far behind since the board dates were pretty close to each other. So hopefully I get selected if not I will be in the Sept IWC board. Good luck to anyone that hasn't heard a result yet.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
If anyone knows - will the results eventually be available on the milpers site? Curious to see how many were selected etc

jad3105

So are the official results out to recruiters yet? No phone call either way and I don't want to pester if they have not been released yet.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
For DCO since May 1??

As bubblehead said I would definitely reach out to your recruiters now, especially considering other applicants are getting word. It would be a different story if no one was hearing results but this is a different circumstance.

I can confirm that my recruiter reached out to me and said his CO informed him a few minutes prior on Tuesday (19 May). I had no communications with him from Feb until that point.

For anyone else (and this info is available in other threads) I was told my commissioning paperwork would be generated and flow down, they'd find a command to take me on, and if I had an officer I'd like to do the actual commissioning oath I could. I'll save any pomp and circumstance for ODS graduation personally as I'm ready to get to work.

I'll also update back once I've hit the point that I'm in DEERS w/ a second CAC etc and heading to INDOC. I posted in this thread earlier from the perspective of someone who already had access to base services (such as going to the local NHBC vice MEPS). I'll continue to do so for anyone who's a current DoD civ armed with a CAC PIV.