• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

chk13

it is funny you should mention that because i asked him if she was a ring knocker. He was not familiar with the term so i let it drop. but i was thinking the same thing...

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
so, being my first year of applying, what way do the results post the quickest? i know they come out by navadmin, but do they also post simultaneously to your "selection status" on the site? i also saw in the fy-10 thread that there was a fy-10 sta-21 applicants Facebook page? also, who on here looks at hi-side message traffic all day? anybody? bueller?

cbaker

Last year we had an IS or two that saw message traffic as it came out (yes including CO/TS type stuff) and they let us know as soon as the message hit who was or was not selected. Within a half an hour (or so) they had the whole list posted.

I think the previous year they took the posts off that listed people because they could not be confirmed but that didn't seem to be the case last year.

As for a personal sidebar, anyone that is an IS if you would immediately check for Baker 3700 for Intel and send a yeah or nay to cbaker it would be greatly appreciated.

Navnuke

They tend to not like people posting results on this webpage for security reasons. I think they lasted about 10 minutes last year. Some of the high-side watchers got the list a few days before they were posted on BUPERS and listed them on a Facebook page (which, by the way, hasn't been created yet and I may take the honor of making it when I get home.) So most of us were waiting for posts in alphabetical order in 5 minute periods of about 30 names/post until the dread of finding the guy before and after yours on there and not seeing yours. Also, on another note, getting physicals and submitting college applications should not be done until the day you see your name pop up on the list (I know last year's came late). Most colleges have an online application that when you submit, you can follow up 5 minutes later by calling their admin office and explain to them you just got picked up for STA-21. STA-21 to most colleges means "We're gonna get paid regardless of what this guy does", so they will expedite the application process and you should hear back within a week or so. As far as the physical goes, it really depends on how good your corpsmans are and should only take a day or two as long as you inform them you have a deadline to meet. It really makes no sense to spend $40-50/application to 4 or 5 colleges, get accepted, and then find you didn't get picked up (EVEN AS AN ALTERNATE!!!). You have time to get this stuff taken care of after the results come out. It's the guys who sit on it after they find out and don't take deadlines seriously that end up losing out. I know most of you have big dreams of making it and think you have a good shot, but be realistic. Look at the numbers of applicants, look at the quotas and use common judgement. Not trying to be a downer or anything, but trying to help you guys avoid the crash when the results come out and only the select few are chosen.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
well...i finished my application to U of I already (free of charge, thanks to the Illinois Veterans Grant). When i spoke to the admin office, they advised in good fashion that it would benifit me to get it in, due to the fact that the summer application deadline is the 15th of Oct. seeing how i dont want to have the dilemma that some of the guys last year could of had with the late results, i gladly acknowledged.

cbaker

Most colleges have an online application that when you submit, you can follow up 5 minutes later by calling their admin office and explain to them you just got picked up for STA-21. STA-21 to most colleges means "We're gonna get paid regardless of what this guy does", so they will expedite the application process and you should hear back within a week or so. As far as the physical goes, it really depends on how good your corpsmans are and should only take a day or two as long as you inform them you have a deadline to meet. It really makes no sense to spend $40-50/application to 4 or 5 colleges, get accepted, and then find you didn't get picked up (EVEN AS AN ALTERNATE!!!). You have time to get this stuff taken care of after the results come out. It's the guys who sit on it after they find out and don't take deadlines seriously that end up losing out. I know most of you have big dreams of making it and think you have a good shot, but be realistic. Look at the numbers of applicants, look at the quotas and use common judgement. Not trying to be a downer or anything, but trying to help you guys avoid the crash when the results come out and only the select few are chosen.

I agree with that. Don't waste the money. Last year I applied to my # one college (Go Cyclones) and went as far as paying the $40 and having them evaluate my transcripts and then didn't get selected. Now I know we all have gone out and spent $40 in 5 minutes at a bar but there is no need to waste your money. The colleges are very quick and they will get back to you ASAP. Like navnuke said you are a guaranteed paycheck and they can almost count on a good GPA from you.

The only advice I would give you on the physical (it really should only take a day or two to get it done) is get your HIV test done. That takes some time to get back and that is really the only thing that will hold your physical up. You have to have a valid test that year before they will sign off on your physical.

chk13

I guess my biggest worry is that I have taken courses with five different colleges/universities and it will take a while for all of them to send official transcripts. Will the universities I apply to do a review of my unofficial transcripts until the official ones arrive?

kekio86

one of my co-workers this morning was stopped by a female Commander asking "where is building 741?" (which happened to be the building she was stopped by in the middle of the road ((while on her cell phone I might add)) ). He quickly told her that at which she replied "Why dont they have the numbers on the building?" My co-worker then replied "Do you mean like that?" (he pointed to the building number "741" clearly posted on the building). At which point she hummed and haahed about not seeing it. (Of course how could she, she is stopped in the middle of the road talking on the phone blocking traffic...how could she see it)
Bldg 741 is the building across the street from us that I was referring to in previous posts where the board is being held.
My co-worker then comes into the shop and told me I am in real trouble if it is people like that deciding our fates.

Comedy... I LOL'ed

kekio86

They tend to not like people posting results on this webpage for security reasons. I think they lasted about 10 minutes last year. Some of the high-side watchers got the list a few days before they were posted on BUPERS and listed them on a Facebook page (which, by the way, hasn't been created yet and I may take the honor of making it when I get home.) So most of us were waiting for posts in alphabetical order in 5 minute periods of about 30 names/post until the dread of finding the guy before and after yours on there and not seeing yours. Also, on another note, getting physicals and submitting college applications should not be done until the day you see your name pop up on the list (I know last year's came late). Most colleges have an online application that when you submit, you can follow up 5 minutes later by calling their admin office and explain to them you just got picked up for STA-21. STA-21 to most colleges means "We're gonna get paid regardless of what this guy does", so they will expedite the application process and you should hear back within a week or so. As far as the physical goes, it really depends on how good your corpsmans are and should only take a day or two as long as you inform them you have a deadline to meet. It really makes no sense to spend $40-50/application to 4 or 5 colleges, get accepted, and then find you didn't get picked up (EVEN AS AN ALTERNATE!!!). You have time to get this stuff taken care of after the results come out. It's the guys who sit on it after they find out and don't take deadlines seriously that end up losing out. I know most of you have big dreams of making it and think you have a good shot, but be realistic. Look at the numbers of applicants, look at the quotas and use common judgement. Not trying to be a downer or anything, but trying to help you guys avoid the crash when the results come out and only the select few are chosen.

Yes I am surprised there isn't a Facebook FY11 STA-21 page yet. If nobody creates one by this friday I will take the liberty to do so.

adaptive

Just a word to the wise... posting personal information and military affiliation on any social networking site (including this one as it were) constitutes a violation of your personal opsec and puts yourself at increased risk to identity theft as well as downright malicious targeting by enemies both foreign and domestic. Be careful what you post and link to if you feel the need to have accounts on these sites. I speak from experience and cannot elaborate here, but knowing who got selected to become an Intel officer would be great and open source collect for any one willing to spend the time to google it. With google maps and street views now, you can see where information such as this can become downright dangerous. Just my two cents.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
too bad navy times and npc post the results as well, which still identifies the person and designator selected....and they are not secure sites.

i'm just sayin'.......

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
kupao, i do appreciate the big 10 shout out, just not the nittany lion part...what are they going to call us next year with those huskers coming over???

adaptive

I was making reference to specific small pieces of intel being joined together to form a larger package, such as pictures with names, with addresses, so on and so forth from multiple sources. It's your info, do as you wish, but there is a reason that no official-use computers are supposed to be able to access social networking sites anymore. I've seen it first hand. Any one can look in the phone book and find a random name and number, but when combined with all the other info, that is when it becomes dangerous. Not trying to be paranoid, just cautious. And I would be just as happy if those other sources didn't publish the results. As a matter of fact, I may ask to not be listed in any public forum in the event I am selected. Message traffic is good enough. Any one else know of other open source places that list results?