• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Weapons

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
yeah I think that some of the stuff is a bit crazy, but I think the show is more of a "hey look what I can do" instead of a how-to

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
...SurvivorMan...

Yeah, now that guy actually, in my opinion, has some good advice. Plus the cool thing about him is that since he's the only one. If he wants a camera shot of him climbing a hill, he has to take the cameras up, hike back down, and then go back up.

Plus, he just doesn't act like an idiot.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I know this is a thread resurrection, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

The host of Future Weapons is such a giant douchenozzle. I am watching an episode where he drools over a new SAW (which looks exactly like an M-4, which is pretty cool), but he keeps saying stuff like: "With the old SAW, you have a whole bandolier of ammunition you have to be careful doesn't snag on stuff" and it shows him clumsily walking around some combat town getting his loose bandolier that is hanging off of his arm snagged up on stuff.

Then he says "The beauty of this new weapon is that it takes ordinary M-4 magazines, so you can get one from one of your fellow squad members."

Why does an ex-Navy SEAL not know that SAW's come with 200 round drums and a port on the side for an ordinary 30-rd magazine to be inserted?

I don't watch the show much, does he always misrepresent current weapons in order to brag about "future weapons"?

(Also, he keeps talking about open bolt vs. closed bolt firing, like it is some brand new thing)

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Hands down the best former-Navy TV personality is Christopher "Big Black" Boykin on "Rob and Big". 6'6", 416lbs, and hysterical.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I think you're talking about Hunter Ellis, host of Tactical to Practical and Man, Moment, Machine. His bio from the History Channel says that he is a 3rd gen Naval Aviator and flew F-18s.
He was on the first? Survivor and was favored to win but did not. I met the guy on the X-country/airshow to Charleston in VT-86. Took pride in his hair:D

donnyglaze

Sooooo....folks are a bit up in arms upon finding that Bear spent the night on at least two occasions at a hotel, when it showed otherwise on his show. Sure, you work hard, freeze yer ass off and drink water out of elephant poop, but spend a few nights at Motel 8 and yer seen as a slacker.
I see an above in headwork, myself.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a67510/c4-discovery-examine-bear-grylls-series.html

I don't think the fact that he spends nights in hotels is what people are upset about. He's been caught exaggerating on a few occasions. Like this one:

And in the show from this second clip, I'm pretty sure he says that if he were to get hurt that he's miles and miles away from any people or help.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TMMskLNB1uw

I prefer Survivorman, because he seems like a normal, genuine guy. And it's really cool that he does it all solo.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Prowler community has had one exchange pilot with the B-2s; he can tell some funny stories....

Yeah, I know the guy...we were JO's together. We called him IKE = I Know Everything, but he referred to himself as BOBBY because of his last name.

-ea6bflyr ;)