• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For You AF VT-3 Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLER

I'm just kind of in a unique circumstance...

My Wife and I have one car right now and would like to wait to purchase our second car after I complete UPT. My plan (and let me know if you all think this will work) is to move into Whiting Pines and I will stay in the VOQ for the 6 weeks of API.

This way she will have the car while I'm at API.

My only question about this is...How far is the walk from the VOQ to API class? I'm originally from FL and well aware of the weather there. I'm hoping to find someone in the VOQ who I can "bum" a ride with for the 6 weeks (if the weather is bad).

If the weather is good...a simple bicycle should do for a few weeks.

Any thoughts?

She and I will be taking a trip over there within the next few months to “scope” things out.
We both like what we see at the Gate, but for our needs, it is probably most economical for us to loose the BAH and go with Pines. Our BAH would be $847 and the larger two bedroom at the Gate is a little over $900. Without commute gas, utilities, etc figured in... the Pines sounds best for us.

Thanks,

THRILLER

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
THRILLER said:
I'm just kind of in a unique circumstance...

My Wife and I have one car right now and would like to wait to purchase our second car after I complete UPT. My plan (and let me know if you all think this will work) is to move into Whiting Pines and I will stay in the VOQ for the 6 weeks of API.

This way she will have the car while I'm at API.

My only question about this is...How far is the walk from the VOQ to API class? I'm originally from FL and well aware of the weather there. I'm hoping to find someone in the VOQ who I can "bum" a ride with for the 6 weeks (if the weather is bad).

If the weather is good...a simple bicycle should do for a few weeks.

Any thoughts?

She and I will be taking a trip over there within the next few months to “scope” things out.
We both like what we see at the Gate, but for our needs, it is probably most economical for us to loose the BAH and go with Pines. Our BAH would be $847 and the larger two bedroom at the Gate is a little over $900. Without commute gas, utilities, etc figured in... the Pines sounds best for us.

Thanks,

THRILLER

The BOQ on NASP is really close to the school house- You could walk there. The BEQ on Corry is several miles away. The other thing is that there seem to be a bunch of Coasties and AF that live up near whiting and commute down to NASP for API, so It might be possible to hitch rides with them. Another option would be for you to find someone who lives near base to live with for the six weeks (they have a bunch of roomate wanted things posted on the board outside the lounge in API). You might be able to work out something that is mutually benificial, even if it is only for 6 weeks.

THRILLER

Well,

I just called the BOQ at NASP. Really nice folks there. Anyway, the lady I spoke to said that it is possible for me to stay at the BOQ for API (while my wife stays in our base house at Whiting Pines).

Unfortunately, right now there are no rooms available and it is based on "first come first served". I still have some time, so hopefully (with a little luck) something will be available for me when the time comes?

Any of you guys out there have stayed in the NASP BOQ?

Thanks,

THRILLER

Status
Not open for further replies.