• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Looks like a rematch is quite possible…if so I imagine Georgia might be a little more alert. My e we could get Cincy vs Michigan for the final game and really make some heads explode.

On a side note, it appears Brent Venables is moving over to Oklahoma.

Venables is a superb coach. Speaking of Oklahoma, Spencer Rattler has entered the transfer portal - significant chance of him going to South Carolina and rejoin Coach Shane Beamer - especially with the Gamecocks having lackluster QB play this year.

BTW, ‘Bama opens at 13.5 points over Cincinnati and Georgia is 7 points over Michigan.

Playoff should be 8 teams: the winners of the Power-5 conferences and 3 at large berths.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Venables is a superb coach. Speaking of Oklahoma, Spencer Rattler has entered the transfer portal - significant chance of him going to South Carolina and rejoin Coach Shane Beamer - especially with the Gamecocks having lackluster QB play this year.

BTW, ‘Bama opens at 13.5 points over Cincinnati and Georgia is 7 points over Michigan.

Playoff should be 8 teams: the winners of the Power-5 conferences and 3 at large berths.

I agree that would be the best format but I don’t think they can do it for legal reasons. The Group of 5 conferences could/would sue the CFP for unequal access.
Given that, I say just keep the same system but expand to 6 or 8. Most years it will be the conference champs plus a few more anyways.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
OSU, who played quite solidly against OU just screwed the pooch against Baylor! Now there will be some fun. If Cincy holds on will Notre Dame or Alabama (assuming they lose to GA) be the 4th team?

Looks like Oklahoma State vs Notre Dame in the Fiesta. Any thoughts?

Ole Miss vs Baylor in the Sugar Bowl looks to be quite a good matchup.

Any other games catch anyone’s eyes?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Looks like Oklahoma State vs Notre Dame in the Fiesta. Any thoughts?

Ole Miss vs Baylor in the Sugar Bowl looks to be quite a good matchup.

Any other games catch anyone’s eyes?
I am looking forward to OU vs Oregon in the "Named After Something" Bowl. It should be a good game. I think the Fiesta Bowl will be fun as both teams have capabilities and styles the other hasn't seen. NB...Bob Stoops is coming out of retirement to guest coach the Sooners for their game.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Looks like I got that one right. We could really use a 5 star QB….

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
On a related note, I am curious to see how Deion Sanders does as a coach - he seems to excel at everything he does so this could get interesting.

Quite a year Jackson State had on the field - and then the coup of stealing one of the Top-5 recruits in the nation away from Florida State.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Sorry to hear the famous coach and even more famous sportscaster John Madden passed away today. Starting as a linebacker coach, he was promoted to head coach at the record young age of 32. His 10 years with the Oakland (not Los Angeles, not Las Vegas) Oakland Raiders, produced 10 winning seasons, the highest victory percentage of any coach with 10+ years and winning Super Bowl XI of the 1976 season. His second act, along with Pat Summerall, was to become the most famous football broadcasting duo of all time.

Some famous plays:
Kenny “The Snake” Stabler knocking out Miami and preventing a Dolphins 3-peat as Super Bowl Champions (this still hurts to watch…a lot…). “The Sea of Hands”

Pittsburgh’s Franco Harris beating the Raiders on “The Immaculate Reception”

Tight end Dave Casper and the Ghost to the Post for “The Holy Roller” beating the San Diego Chargers.

And as an announcer, who famously was afraid to fly had his on MaddenCruiser and made the Turducken famous.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Sorry to hear the famous coach and even more famous sportscaster John Madden passed away today. A 10 year coach for the Oakland (not Los Angeles, not Las Vegas) Raiders, not only winning Super Bowl XI of the 1976 season and then, along with Pat Summerall, becoming the most famous football broadcasting duo of all time.

Some famous plays:
Kenny “The Snake” Stabler knocking out Miami and preventing a Dolphins 3-peat as Super Bowl Champions (this still hurts to watch…a lot…). “The Sea of Hands”

Pittsburgh’s Franco Harris beating the Raiders on “The Immaculate Reception”

Tight end Dave Casper and the Ghost to the Pist for “The Holy Roller” beating the San Diego Chargers.

And as an announcer, who famously was afraid to fly had his on MaddenCruiser and made the Turducken famous.

Sad news. He was a giant at the job.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Horrific start for the SEC in the bowl games but South Carolina breaks through for the first conference victory - and with Coastal Carolina and Clemson winning as well, the state is undefeated in bowl games this year.

Looking forward to Michigan and Georgia tomorrow.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Horrific start for the SEC in the bowl games but South Carolina breaks through for the first conference victory - and with Coastal Carolina and Clemson winning as well, the state is undefeated in bowl games this year.

Looking forward to Michigan and Georgia tomorrow.
OU pulled off a handy victory over Oregon!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
In speaking with one of my buds a couple of days ago, I had Bama by 21 over Cincinnati and Georgia by 10 over Michigan. Dead on with the first, now waiting on the 2nd game.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
In speaking with one of my buds a couple of days ago, I had Bama by 21 over Cincinnati and Georgia by 10 over Michigan. Dead on with the first, now waiting on the 2nd game.
Jesus…I at least thought Michigan would be in the game…this is awful!

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Alabama looks impressive. With a win today, they will slot at #1 and annihilate Cincinnati in the first round. Georgia slots at #2 and will maul Michigan. Then in yet another all SEC final, Randy is doubling down on the Dawgs to demolish the pachyderms in a rematch with the national championship on the line.

On behalf of Treetop who couldn’t be here, let me say: