• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

taxi1

pilot

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Georgia’s defense had 5 (five) first round picks in the NFL draft last week - as many as Michigan, Ohio St and Penn St combined. Georgia also set an NFL record with 15 players drafted. That will be hard to replace - we will find out in exactly 120 days when the Bulldogs open against the Oregon Ducks - who coincidentally hired UGA’s defensive coordinator Dan Lanning as their head coach and accepted transfer Auburn’s QB Bo Nix as QB. If you can’t beat them, join them.

Spring SEC football recap from ESPN.

Until September 3rd, South On Ya…

jmcquate

Contributor
Looks like USC and UCLA are joining the B10 as soon as 2024. It's gonna come down to two super conferences.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Looks like USC and UCLA are joining the B10 as soon as 2024. It's gonna come down to two super conferences.
Did not expect that. Any idea if the Big 10 is going to take anymore West Coast schools and/or who the PAC-12 will try and backfill with?

Meanwhile back on the East Coast, wonder how this will impact the major powers of the ACC? Clemson and FSU are locked into a terrible contract

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Did not expect that. Any idea if the Big 10 is going to take anymore West Coast schools and/or who the PAC-12 will try and backfill with?

Meanwhile back on the East Coast, wonder how this will impact the major powers of the ACC? Clemson and FSU are locked into a terrible contract
I imagine that ultimately the idea of “conferences” will go away and be replaced by membership in leagues/divisions based on something like school size. The grand old days of real old rivalry games will fade away and season schedules will be determined by software leading to a broader playoff schedule. Basically the NFL for kids.

jmcquate

Contributor
Talking to my brother, who is a past CFO of the PAC 12., he thinks the Pac 12 is dead as a football conference if this happens. The wild card is where is Notre Dame going, and Oregon needs to find a chair before the music stops.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
UCLA and USC leaving the PAC 12 like they're too good for it? Lol
I think it’s more about TV markets/rights and recruiting landscape than competition. Oh, and alumni spending. You better believe me and my Ross classmates are gonna make it rain at those Michigan/USC/UCLA games.

Last edited: