• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Football season cometh.

Which conference will have the National Champion?

• Total voters

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Kelly to LSU doesn’t seem like their first choice. Oklahoma, Florida and now ND on the clock
Rumors out on the praire has it that Josh Heupel (Tennessee and former OU QB), and Mark Stoops (UK and Bobby's brother) are on the short list. Both have SEC knowledge that might help in future recruiting.

GroundPounder

I am sure they won't be as well received as Army's uniform. Word on the street is that E tools and MREs are key features. The recruiting offices will be filled, post game.

3394933950[/QUOTE]

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
On a sidenote, OSU’s QB CJ Stroud is a redshirt freshman- with the #2 and #3 QB’s on the depth chart behind him also freshman. Wonder if one or both backup QB’s will enter the transfer portal after the year?

Ohio State quarterback Quinn Ewers is set to enter the transfer portal and leave Columbus, sources confirmed to ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.
Ewers, who starred at Southlake Carroll High in Texas, was the top prospect and quarterback in the class of 2022.

Looks like either Texas or Texas A&M are the top choices.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Ohio State quarterback Quinn Ewers is set to enter the transfer portal and leave Columbus, sources confirmed to ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.
Ewers, who starred at Southlake Carroll High in Texas, was the top prospect and quarterback in the class of 2022.

Looks like either Texas or Texas A&M are the top choices.

Back to free agency. As an Aggie, I hope we don’t pursue him. Already have a five star QB coming in and the original starter returning from his broken leg.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
OSU, who played quite solidly against OU just screwed the pooch against Baylor! Now there will be some fun. If Cincy holds on will Notre Dame or Alabama (assuming they lose to GA) be the 4th team?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Alabama looks impressive. With a win today, they will slot at #1 and annihilate Cincinnati in the first round. Georgia slots at #2 and will maul Michigan. Then in yet another all SEC final, Randy is doubling down on the Dawgs to demolish the pachyderms in a rematch with the national championship on the line.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Alabama looks impressive. With a win today, they will slot at #1 and annihilate Cincinnati in the first round. Georgia slots at #2 and will maul Michigan. Then in yet another all SEC final, Randy is doubling down on the Dawgs to demolish the pachyderms in a rematch with the national championship on the line.
Looks that way, but if Georgia plays like they are today it might be Bama vs Michigan.

Treetop Flyer

pilot

It’s official. Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, Cincinnati. Georgia slotted at #3 to avoid an immediate Alabama rematch, and sets up a potential rematch in the title game.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor

It’s official. Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, Cincinnati. Georgia slotted at #3 to avoid an immediate Alabama rematch, and sets up a potential rematch in the title game.
Looks like a rematch is quite possible…if so I imagine Georgia might be a little more alert. My e we could get Cincy vs Michigan for the final game and really make some heads explode.

On a side note, it appears Brent Venables is moving over to Oklahoma.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I have to say I still don’t like the idea of a team losing a conference championship game against a playoff team and still getting another shot in the playoff, even if I agree that Georgia is one of the best four teams. Same thing last year when Notre Dame got thumped by Clemson and still got in.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I have to say I still don’t like the idea of a team losing a conference championship game against a playoff team and still getting another shot in the playoff, even if I agree that Georgia is one of the best four teams. Same thing last year when Notre Dame got thumped by Clemson and still got in.
Apparently as the CFP looks to change most student athletes said they opposed something as large as a 12 team playoff (more like six or eight) but felt they wanted all power five conference champions to have a shot with some other team in the mix.