• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Follow on to Corpus, Whiting, Vance(!) What's the Deal?

yodaears

pilot
We just commissioned recently and are slowly making the move to Florida... word on the block from some buddies that have already gotten down there is that they're making everybody doing primary in Milton live in BOQ. Can anyone verify that? If that's the case, living on the beach sounds a hell of a lot nicer for the short term stint through stash, IFS, and API...

If that is the case then I would be begging for Corpus. I lived in downtown Pensacola and it was awesome, some of the best nine months (API + primary) I've ever had, but there is nothing up by whiting. I went to advanced in kingsville and partied with a bunch of my multi engine guys in corpus, the island is pretty sweet and downtown corpus has its moments as well.

Wick

LAMPs Enthusiast
Excellent, thanks for the heads up. Got a place lined up in downtown Pensacola for now, and I'm just hoping for the best. But yeah, the idea of BOQ in Milton for six months is not really something I was praying for. Now, this applies only to unmarried guys of course, so I guess I could troll around the Florabama with a ring and see what I come up with in the next three-ish months... should work like a Swiss watch.

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Does anyone have some recent word on where people are being sent post API? I'm in the last push of TBS, and starting to look at places to rent down in FL. By API I'll be married and don't drink, so the bar scene isn't a big deal to me.

81montedriver

pilot
Does anyone have some recent word on where people are being sent post API? I'm in the last push of TBS, and starting to look at places to rent down in FL. By API I'll be married and don't drink, so the bar scene isn't a big deal to me.

It's honestly a crapshoot dude. Spots change weekly and the amount of Lt's waiting in the pool changes weekly. Hope for one place but be prepared to be sent to any of the three. I have lived in all three areas and had fun in all of them.

pkRipper

Spoke to the nice lady in flight management that babysits us and generally fixes all our problems..... today she said that there's exactly 6 slots left for Vance primary and then the Navy is done with sending people there for good.

I lived in Avalon Apartments when I was in Pensacola. I liked it. It was a little pricey, but it was really nice (pool, free grill outside, good parking, new construction, etc). If you get a 2 bedroom with a roommate it's very affordable. 15 minute drive to base.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Spoke to the nice lady in flight management that babysits us and generally fixes all our problems..... today she said that there's exactly 6 slots left for Vance primary and then the Navy is done with sending people there for good.

This is criminal. Everyone should be able to one day experience the joy that is Air Force flight training in Enid, America.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
So at what point exactly do the Navy guys find out which base they will be sent to for Primary?

I'm moving out of my place this weekend for OCS next month, what would you suggest that I not throw in storage in case I'm in the BOQs for IFS & API and then following on to Corpus or Vance? Or should I just get an apartment in Pcola, let the Navy move my stuff from Tucson to there to where ever?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

This is bullshit. There have to be a few sacrificial lambs so the rest of the retards can appreciate what a good deal they've got going!

Also, how shitty would it be knowing you were the last asshole unlucky enough to get sent to that shit stain of a town?