• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Follow on to Corpus, Whiting, Vance(!) What's the Deal?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
So, maybe a split from the thread - but overall, on a grand picture, let's say that's true, a 43 NSS is lowered to a 40 - how exactly does that effect me in API? I'm just curious.

Also, as far as housing, I'm considering a place near Escambia Bay and downtown and the Village at Southern Oaks - anyone have anything to say about the Village at Southern Oaks?

punx_clever

That would mean (and I'm guessing at the numbers here) that you are looking at maybee a 90% weighted average to pass, whereas my class was a 93% and some of the previous classes were 95%.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
So, maybe a split from the thread - but overall, on a grand picture, let's say that's true, a 43 NSS is lowered to a 40 - how exactly does that effect me in API? I'm just curious.

Also, as far as housing, I'm considering a place near Escambia Bay and downtown and the Village at Southern Oaks - anyone have anything to say about the Village at Southern Oaks?

It means absolutely nothing to you... bust your ass to get 100% on every exam like the rest of your SNA peers will be doing.

My only real advice is stay away from Pointe South Realty. They were a huge pain for quite a few of us.

I lived in Perdido and while I loved the drive to base & the uncrowded beaches I'd say downtown sounds like a good option for ya'll.

Klinger

Get to the choppa!
pilot
Downtown's definitley the way to go, for all the reasons that have already been listed. You're pretty much equidistant from a lot of the fun places, and most of the bars will be walking distance.

Yeah, I realized 10 min after making that post that I could just look at the area on google maps. How's the parking situation for many of those? Looks like many if not all come with a garage, but do they fit one car or two? Anyone have issues where too many people in the house use a vehicle to the point where parking becomes an issue?

Jamin'G

pilot
One of the many facets of flight school you can't really control anyway. When I went through I really wanted to stay in Whiting, but got sent to Corpus. Turns out, that timing worked out best for selecting what I wanted to fly anyway. It all works out in the end. Good luck!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I realized 10 min after making that post that I could just look at the area on google maps. How's the parking situation for many of those? Looks like many if not all come with a garage, but do they fit one car or two? Anyone have issues where too many people in the house use a vehicle to the point where parking becomes an issue?

Tough to say. A lot of the houses downtown are older joints without a garage or maybe only a one car. YMMV

Wick

LAMPs Enthusiast
We just commissioned recently and are slowly making the move to Florida... word on the block from some buddies that have already gotten down there is that they're making everybody doing primary in Milton live in BOQ. Can anyone verify that? If that's the case, living on the beach sounds a hell of a lot nicer for the short term stint through stash, IFS, and API...

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
That was the case a couple years ago, but then the new base CO changed it. Suppose that he could have gone back to the old policy.