• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The Whiting CIS struck in 2000 when I went through. It was actually fantastic (with a little minor pain on the first event) because I got to do all of my sims in the aircraft, mostly over a weekend.

The down side was struggling to make MIF when I had to go back to the sims in intermediate because I didn't know how to fly the sim.

My overall point is, as I've said before, this has all happened before. It will happened again.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Does anyone have the story on the sim instructor “strike” in Corpus? That’s really going to help production…
There was a disagreement between the employees and the contractor, but not between anybody and the Navy. I am comfortable saying no SNA has the whole story and I'd be surprised if an O3+ from TW-4/CNATRA came on here to air the finer details.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
The Whiting CIS struck in 2000 when I went through. It was actually fantastic (with a little minor pain on the first event) because I got to do all of my sims in the aircraft, mostly over a weekend.

The down side was struggling to make MIF when I had to go back to the sims in intermediate because I didn't know how to fly the sim.

My overall point is, as I've said before, this has all happened before. It will happened again.
There was a profsit extravaganza for which we were all grateful. I for one was very glad to develop and sharpen my instrument approach skills with the bros instead of for a grade.

dxfan06

Hopeful SNA-Dreadful Runner
Well, surprised no one has broken the news yet but today the Navy took some drastic (to us candidates atleast) measures in relation to aviation recruitment.

"All NFOs and Pilots Officer Candidates in DEP are being placed on hold (including those scheduled for 15 October 22.) The FY23 Officer Accession Plan has still not been signed, and there are ongoing conversations of a potential significant reduction in Aviation accessions. Until the plan is official, the Aviation OCM and NRC have agreed to hold off on shipping any more pilots and NFOs."

A bunch of aviation candidates in the next OCS class in 12 days were notified of being put on hold indefinitely. Many of us had quit our jobs, ended leases, swore in, booked flights, received FINSELs and orders, etc.
where'd you get this from? not doubting you, jsut wanna read it for myself and to bring it up with my recruiter next time we talk.

WannaFlyHigh

where'd you get this from? not doubting you, jsut wanna read it for myself and to bring it up with my recruiter next time we talk.
Got it from my and other people's recruiters. Your recruiter should probably have heard by now or will later lol. It is not uncommon for some recruiters to be totally out of the loop compared to others. Speaking from experience.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
So you are saying the people who will stay in the house are imaginary? You want their names?
You worded your first post in a way that made it sound like the 27 and 28 front offices left the SNAs out to dry, and that is not true. I highly doubt 28 didn’t arrange lodging and I know firsthand that everybody from 27 has lodging. Gossip on here is annoying, but you aren’t going to malign 27/28 leadership for their handling of what has been a summer full of raw deals outside of their control.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Just curious... is it a lack of [functioning] air craft (and if so, is that just not enough planes, or a lack of parts, or...?), a lack of instructors, or... something else? What's the primary source of the inability to get more students through more flights?