• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Can't speak to numbers but feeling is a bad one. NROTC service selection has come to pass and many solid guys I know with 7s and even 8s were not selected, or ended up unexpectedly in the Nuke community (large sub draft this year). Surprisingly high number of NFOs relative to Pilot for Pilot #1 NFO #2 people as well. I know this is adjacent to many of your situations as a primarily OCS sourced board, but maybe the effects on USNA and NROTC point to a difficult future ahead for board. I was selected for SNA :cool::cool::cool:? now back to work.

BravoBeach

pilot
Just got word that SNA's from Corpus are having to come to Milton for flight sims because there is a 'strike' by simulator operators. Milton students are going to house their brothers/sisters for the duration.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got word that SNA's from Corpus are having to come to Milton for flight sims because there is a 'strike' by simulator operators. Milton students are going to house their brothers/sisters for the duration.
If you're getting sent somewhere, even if you have friends in the area, Uncle Sugar should be giving you billeting and per diem. Sure, you can agree on your travel claim to stay at a buddy's house or with Mom or Dad or something, but just understand the financial ramifications. You should be able to get every cent out of the government you're legally entitled to, because they're sure going to get theirs out of your ass in return.

Read the JTR and understand what you're entitled to in case commands try to pull silly shenanigans with travel entitlements.

CClark533

Can't speak to numbers but feeling is a bad one. NROTC service selection has come to pass and many solid guys I know with 7s and even 8s were not selected, or ended up unexpectedly in the Nuke community (large sub draft this year). Surprisingly high number of NFOs relative to Pilot for Pilot #1 NFO #2 people as well. I know this is adjacent to many of your situations as a primarily OCS sourced board, but maybe the effects on USNA and NROTC point to a difficult future ahead for board. I was selected for SNA :cool::cool::cool:? now back to work.
So, have you been told when you will be able to go to flight school? My MIDN has heard rumors it will take 2 years:(

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, have you been told when you will be able to go to flight school? My MIDN has heard rumors it will take 2 years:(
Things that have been happening for 20+ years: the wait at Pensacola ebbing and flowing as Big Navy fails to get a handle on the problem, and also Midshipmen and Ensigns telling each other uninformed nonsense rumors about what the student pool wait is in Pensacola.

Understand that the MIDN/ENS student pool rumor mill occasionally hits gold, but more often than not has the same credibility as the person whose best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

When you get down to actual facts, it may or may not be pretty serious.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Things that have been happening for 20+ years: the wait at Pensacola ebbing and flowing as Big Navy fails to get a handle on the problem, and also Midshipmen and Ensigns telling each other uninformed nonsense rumors about what the student pool wait is in Pensacola.

Understand that the MIDN/ENS student pool rumor mill occasionally hits gold, but more often than not has the same credibility as the person whose best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

When you get down to actual facts, it may or may not be pretty serious.
I've been in APool for a couple of months and the rumor mill is volatile.

The last group that checked in before they stopped the flow of USN/ROTC were told their wait would be over a year. They have since made some alterations, and the wait time has dropped drastically.

As a result, rumors have flown wild in response to decreasing the wait time.

If the wait time were to increase again, I am positive there would also be wild rumors due to increasing the wait time.