• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School backed up

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
Spring 23 NROTC aviation selects at my unit were told to expect orders to a squadron or other stash in September and to be there anywhere from 4-6 months until reporting to Pensacola. I think this reflects the wait as it is now more than anything, so the wait will probably fluctuate
This rumint is no longer accurate.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Are you talking about SNAJOC and masters classes at UWF?
I’m no longer in A pool but in proximity. Everyone checking in is joining the next rotation of SNAJOC. They just finished up their first 3 month course. People class up and leave when it is their time.

I’ve not heard anything about courses at UWF. A couple of my peers have started their masters and we either paid out of pocket or TA if they were a prior who still had it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’ve gotten some news but I havent seen anyone discussing it anywhere so I don’t think it’s for me to announce on here. If it’s announced I’d be happy to talk more. Sorry for the tease!

I've got a secret I'll talk about having...buuuut....won't share on a public forum. Really?! We're going to go with that? Glad to see Ensign shennanigans haven't changed a bit.

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
I've got a secret I'll talk about having...buuuut....won't share on a public forum. Really?! We're going to go with that? Glad to see Ensign shennanigans haven't changed a bit.
Yeah it’s bad form for sure, I’ve just been all over Reddit and the other forums and it seems no one else has said anything, anywhere which seemed odd. I was trying to avoid ensign shenanigans just in case we aren’t supposed to be talking about it cause it’s still developing, but I still wanted to dispel my earlier gouge. Now since taxexperts said it I can blame it on him.

Planes83

I'll bite. What i've heard from my advisor is that SNAs will either be selected for NPS or Univ of West Florida 6 month graduate certificate. It seems the program has been confirmed, but it has not yet been fleshed out completely so very little information has been given so far. The UWF selects seem to have an option between 2 topics which are data science and supply chain logistics management(found under UWF grad certificate programs). NPS selects do not have a choice in topic so it will most likely be a standardized syllabus and it was stated that the syllabi have not been set yet.

NPS program seems to be an online program since I was told I would report to Pensacola on July 5th and receive more info about the program there. I heard a report date for UWF selects as August 21st and might be an in person program. I am assuming that NPS is for the technical Tier 1 majors while the Tier 2/Tier 3 majors will be at UWF. Just an assumption though. It was also mentioned that SNAs may have to assist with NSI or CORTRAMID before reporting to Pensacola on or before either July 5th or August 21st depending on the program which they received.

I was explained that this is NOT a masters program, does not fulfill the graduate education checkbox, and is not super beneficial for anyone's career unless the courses help you get into an actual masters program later on. This is just busy work so SNAs have something to do while in A pool. I don't know too much about what SNAJOC is, but if this and SNAJOC are not the same thing then I wonder how they will play into each other.

If the program completely changes then so be it, but that's what I have heard so far. Looking forward to hearing what other 1/C mids heard. Thanks!

AFidk

dumb ensign/SNA
I'll bite. What i've heard from my advisor is that SNAs will either be selected for NPS or Univ of West Florida 6 month graduate certificate. It seems the program has been confirmed, but it has not yet been fleshed out completely so very little information has been given so far. The UWF selects seem to have an option between 2 topics which are data science and supply chain logistics management(found under UWF grad certificate programs). NPS selects do not have a choice in topic so it will most likely be a standardized syllabus and it was stated that the syllabi have not been set yet.

NPS program seems to be an online program since I was told I would report to Pensacola on July 5th and receive more info about the program there. I heard a report date for UWF selects as August 21st and might be an in person program. I am assuming that NPS is for the technical Tier 1 majors while the Tier 2/Tier 3 majors will be at UWF. Just an assumption though. It was also mentioned that SNAs may have to assist with NSI or CORTRAMID before reporting to Pensacola on or before either July 5th or August 21st depending on the program which they received.

I was explained that this is NOT a masters program, does not fulfill the graduate education checkbox, and is not super beneficial for anyone's career unless the courses help you get into an actual masters program later on. This is just busy work so SNAs have something to do while in A pool. I don't know too much about what SNAJOC is, but if this and SNAJOC are not the same thing then I wonder how they will play into each other.

If the program completely changes then so be it, but that's what I have heard so far. Looking forward to hearing what other 1/C mids heard. Thanks!
Ive heard the same minus that we will be used for NSI or cortramid, no word on that. I’ve also heard that it will be a 4 month grad program from august to December, not 6 months. SNAJOC will be a separate 3 month thing

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The UWF selects seem to have an option between 2 topics which are data science and supply chain logistics management(found under UWF grad certificate programs) . . . I was explained that this is NOT a masters program, does not fulfill the graduate education checkbox, and is not super beneficial for anyone's career unless the courses help you get into an actual masters program later on. This is just busy work so SNAs have something to do while in A pool.
I'm chuckling to myself as a soon-to-retire O-5 who's seeing NASC do the same stuff with the student pool that they did when I was an Ensign. I too got the grad school deal. Honestly . . . enjoy the good deal in P-cola; this probably won't screw your timing up too much unless other things happen on top of it.

That said . . . data science and supply chain are good skills to have in your hip pocket in the modern day anyway. Ultimately, not all of you (by choice or not) will end up serving a full 20-year active duty career. And of those that don't, not all of you will go to the airlines. I work in tech for a F500 logistics company, and if someone gave me free school in either of those subjects, I could put it to good use and make more money for myself. Be careful what you scoff at as "just busy work." It's someone's career, and one day it could be yours.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Ive heard the same minus that we will be used for NSI or cortramid,

Stashes helping during CORTRAMID happens every year on both coasts. If you can knock out your swims, and they have room in the queue, you might even get a ride in a T-34.