• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FITREP 101

taxi1

pilot
One thing I didn't know until I did, surprisingly late in my career, was that reports written later have no impact on the RSCA for reports written earlier.

So it is mathematically possible to have every report you've ever written be at or below your RSCA. :D

And of course the opposite (everybody is above average).

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
?????????????????

I had to threaten an IG complaint because one of my O6 CO's did not want to debrief me and the other O3's. He had delegated that to one of the O5's. Funny enough, this same O6 was force booted from the Reserve because he had his clearance revoked. He worked for the Navy as a govvie and was caught taking classified home "to work on it." From what I was told, it was not a single occurrence. Arrogant pr*ck.
I'm interested in the IG rationale for this one as well. Don't know of anything in the 1610.10 prohibiting that delegation, but I sure may be missing it-it's a large reference. Did you ask the O6 for a debrief vice the O5 and he refused with you then citing an instruction?

For context and cross-threading to the BHR fire mini-threadjack from the other day- was this the only time you've used the IG implication IOT achieve a desired outcome wrt something you saw as unjust and/or against the rules? Just trying to get an idea of how commonly these things are resolved before proceeding down the IG path.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
One thing I didn't know until I did, surprisingly late in my career, was that reports written later have no impact on the RSCA for reports written earlier.

So it is mathematically possible to have every report you've ever written be at or below your RSCA. :D

And of course the opposite (everybody is above average).
Except for the very first time you’re signing a FITREP for that rank, and it happens to be a 1 of 1. Then it’s your discretion to say “worst officer ever” or “best officer ever” at such and such a rank, and both can be true.

;)

taxi1

pilot
Don't know of anything in the 1610.10 prohibiting that delegation,
It specifically allows for it.

...counselor will be a supervisor who participates in the member’s EVAL, CHIEFEVAL, or FITREP preparation. COs will guide the counseling program and monitor counselor performance and results.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It specifically allows for it.

...counselor will be a supervisor who participates in the member’s EVAL, CHIEFEVAL, or FITREP preparation. COs will guide the counseling program and monitor counselor performance and results.

That section is written somewhat oddly and has confused me before, it starts out talking about both the periodic EVAL and midterm counseling, goes into the part you quoted, then talks about 'making check marks' (or something similar) by the counselor near performance traits as if its only talking about midterms. I always like going by the adage that "...if the Navy doesn't say it's specifically prohibited......."

Pags

N/A
pilot
Dumb question: what makes a FITREP a “highwater” one?
It's your last competitive FITREP within that command. So a 1 of 1 FITREP upon departure doesn't count. Ideally should be for a long time and against a large competitive group. A 1 of 34 for a year as the top job for your rank/community is good.