• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First Aries I - Orion CEV Suborbital Test Launch

Cleonard19

Contributor
Also, this:

Space hotel says it's on schedule to open in 2012

I mean: great, cool! But WTF are you going to do with three of your best friends trapped in an orbiting pod for three days?

Honestly, I'd probably rather pay sherpas to build me an escalator up Everest with that money...

I dunno, maybe brag for the rest of your freaking life that you've been to outer space!?

This is what rich people are all about, spend a shit ton of money doing something none of their friends have done. They've done the giant yacht thing, the privately owned 747 thing, the underwater mansion thing, the FARKIN PRIVATELY OWNED SUBMARINE THING, etc.

The stupid rich's game of keeping up with the Joneses ALWAYS follows closely behind technology. Space is a logical progression in the near future.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Also, this:

Space hotel says it's on schedule to open in 2012

I mean: great, cool! But WTF are you going to do with three of your best friends trapped in an orbiting pod for three days?

Honestly, I'd probably rather pay sherpas to build me an escalator up Everest with that money...

I haven't been to space, but I imagine that I'd be glued to the porthole for those 3 days straight just staring in the wonderment of our earth from above. I've heard almost every astronaut say the view is one of a kind.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Makes me wonder what a full facial in space would look like...... Probably epic.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was thinking the same thing. There have been husband/wife astronaut teams aboard the shuttle, but no one is talking... :D

You mean there have been secret spouse pairs on shuttle missions?

NASA has a policy not to put married couples on the same mission but a couple got hitched after they were selected for but before a mission. It was late enough in training for that particular mission that they didn't pull one of them off of it.

yak52driver

Contributor
NASA has a policy not to put married couples on the same mission but a couple got hitched after they were selected for but before a mission. It was late enough in training for that particular mission that they didn't pull one of them off of it.

Yup, Story Musgrave talked about the mission the husband/wife were on during an interview. Alluded to but didn't confirm/deny rumors of consumation on orbit.